Over 90 million dollars next year......what to do

9 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Exactly.  Teams start FA by signing their own and the Bills will have a lot of those to consider.

It's WAY to early to know what players will be available from other teams.

Bills will have plenty of cash so that's a good thing.  Lot's of flexibility.

We will likely extend which ever linemen turn out to be the right signings from this offseason.

Chik-Fila or Arbys is a harder choice than CommonCents realizes. 

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  Stud pass rusher, stud WR and build a top 5 OL

I mean, that's pretty much it. I would also add RB to the list, but that's because I'm not particularly high on Singletary. We're probably gonna have to get that stud WR in the draft(good year for it), but cap space is not an issue for the foreseeable future. It's nice to have, but winning games comes first.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I mean, that's pretty much it. I would also add RB to the list, but that's because I'm not particularly high on Singletary. We're probably gonna have to get that stud WR in the draft(good year for it), but cap space is not an issue for the foreseeable future. It's nice to have, but winning games comes first.

I really like Singletary, but also see him as one half of our future backfield.  Either a FA or 3-5th rd draft pick this offseason (unless Gore shows he’s a stud). I see us going with what they ran with in Carolina (Deangelo and Stewart).  2 feature backs unless one emerges as elite. 

• Like (+1) 1

1. Extend Dawkins and White

2. Extend Levi Wallace

3. See who has a better year Milano or Poyer and extend one of them.  They won't be able to afford both and need to add an edge rusher.

4. Eat Kroft's contract - he is going to be lucky to play 5 games this year and will be cut at year end.  I'm intrigued to see how Knox plays.  The Bills have never had a TE make a ProBowl in their entire history and wanted Fant in a trade down scenario if they could not land OLB Josh Allen. Knox has athleticism at the TE spot and a basketball background.  YPC was amazing in college.  Total catches in college - not so amazing.  Let's hope

5. Let Lawson walk. I prefer Lawson over Murphy but this regime does not.  Even if Lawson outplays Murphy they will not tag Lawson and if he plays well he will get a good contract elsewhere.  Could be a 4th round comp pick if they play the FA signing game correctly.

6. Find two edge rushers either in FA or the draft.  I wanted Allen over Oliver and would have given up picks to move up to get Allen.  It would be so choice if Darryl Johnson is legit.  He has the frame to be a great edge rusher.  If he develops could be a major piece of the defense on the cheap for a few years.  That said, Hughes is old and I don't see anything in Murphy.  So in my mind, they still need to add two new edge rushers next off-season. 

7. Based on my projected 10-6 record they will be picking around 22nd, they should take best TE or edge rusher on the board at that spot. 

16 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Over 90 million dollars

Beane making trades and drafting like a wizard

How should we spend the money?

Same way as this year. 

Maybe one high-salary guy ala Morse, fill in a lot of medium- to low-salary guys to fill holes and create depth ala Beasley, Brown and the OL guys ... and don't spend it all at once. Not as many guys or as much money next year, though. Keep a very firm hold on the purse string so they don't end up in cap jail again as they were at the beginning of their regime thanks to Whaley's poor cap management.

The difference being that they're finally going to have to start re-signing their core players next year. Keep enough money available consistently that they'll be able to bring back many (not all, it doesn't work out that way) of their core players consistently.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Nebillzfan said:

The way he ran routes and put effort in he will be taking orders at Popeyes for chicken sandwiches pretty soon. That’s the only route he will be running

“Hey...someone took a bite out of my chicken sandwich...”  ?

16 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Invest in bonds

Related image

STADIUM bonds?

One thing to remember- acquiring a player like a stud WR can be done via trade.  Just because there aren’t many WRs set to be FAs doesn’t mean we can’t find one that way.  If Allen takes a good step forward this season I think McBean makes a push to complete the team. 

2 hours ago, HansLanda said:

Goff is getting 108M guaranteed over 4-years.

So aside from White, and Milano needing new deals in next two years, if Allen pops then just get ready for a 30M/yr hit against cap. 

If Allen pops get ready for a 40M/yr hit against the cap. Goff just got 33M/yr and Allen isn't up for a few years, by then it'll be 40 million a year.

22 hours ago, Logic said:

I'd have to see a list of available free agents.

Off the top of my head, it would seem that the biggest needs for the Bills next year will be at edge rusher and wide receiver. Both positions are rich in the draft, and the Bills are rich with cash.

I'd like to see Buffalo start pre-emptively extending some of their own homegrown talent and find either a big time EDGE or WR in free agency, if one is available. Address these positions again in the draft, and we're ready to roll.

But the draft isn’t where you spend 90 million.