Over 90 million dollars next year......what to do

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

If it is then can fill that gap with another Vet OLBer or go into the draft and get on.  Not Vital as much as it is getting a Poyer extension done

I would move Edmunds to that position and find a different ILB that can play in 3 LB sets.  Of course, they may already have that guy in Vosean or Stanford.

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

In Order

Re-sign Poyer (will be going into last year of Deal next year)

Look at Re-signing depending on their play this year

Jordan Phillips

Alexander

Lawson

Then Sign

Yannick Ngakoue

Amari Cooper

You got to add Spain, Long, Foster, McKenzie and others depending on how they play.

Make sure you keep the guys on the roster now that you definitely want to stay, even if it's a year early.  Poyer, White, Hyde, Milano would be priorities.  Then decide which of the O linemen proved it on their short deals and extend them; very hard to find quality O linemen these days.  Then look at a WR or pass rusher to target.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Long has another year on his deal, Foster is an ERFA; McKenzie I think is restricted but not sure.

Long is on a team option next year......still would have to be exercised.

I'm just saying it again, teams sign their own first and that's what the Bills will have to decide.

Any list of FAs from other teams are meaning less until you see who signs their own.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I'd have to see a list of available free agents.

Off the top of my head, it would seem that the biggest needs for the Bills next year will be at edge rusher and wide receiver. Both positions are rich in the draft, and the Bills are rich with cash.

I'd like to see Buffalo start pre-emptively extending some of their own homegrown talent and find either a big time EDGE or WR in free agency, if one is available. Address these positions again in the draft, and we're ready to roll.

Not 100% up to date but it's a start https://nfltraderumors.co/2020-nfl-free-agent-list/

50 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Can you imagine how beloved Tyler Boyd would be?!?

He re-signed with Cincy for 4 years in July, http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036624/article/bengals-wr-tyler-boyd-signs-4year-43m-extension

• Like (+1) 2

One thing people tend to forget, is that cap space carries over from the previous year.

Just because we have tons of space, doesn't mean we need to go crazy.

As stated, we can probably start looking at early extensions for Matt Milano and maybe Dion Dawkins (if he has a really good year).

We get a 5th Year Option on Tre White, so it may be a year too soon to extend him.

If the Bills position themselves as contenders, don't be surprised if they target a big-time player through trade.  

43 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

In addition to WR and DE, I'd like us to bring in a bigger name pass catching TE.  In FA or the draft, I don't care.

Let this season play out. 2 Draft picks made the team. We may not think TE for a dozen seasons.

• Like (+1) 1