Over 90 million dollars next year......what to do

Interesting question as they won’t have many upcoming pressing contacts for the younger guys. 

May want to start locking guys like T White down but they could also roll it over until the following year. 

It’ll be interesting to see how they play their cards. 

• Like (+1) 8

I'd have to see a list of available free agents.

Off the top of my head, it would seem that the biggest needs for the Bills next year will be at edge rusher and wide receiver. Both positions are rich in the draft, and the Bills are rich with cash.

I'd like to see Buffalo start pre-emptively extending some of their own homegrown talent and find either a big time EDGE or WR in free agency, if one is available. Address these positions again in the draft, and we're ready to roll.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'd have to see a list of available free agents.

Off the top of my head, it would seem that the biggest needs for the Bills next year will be at edge rusher and wide receiver. Both positions are rich in the draft, and the Bills are rich with cash.

I'd like to see Buffalo start pre-emptively extending some of their own homegrown talent and find either a big time EDGE or WR in free agency, if one is available. Address these positions again in the draft, and we're ready to roll.

Agreed.  Stud pass rusher, stud WR and build a top 5 OL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Draft or FA priorities:

- #1 WR

- CBs

- Trent Murphy extension or replacement

- Finish OL if needed

- DL depth

There are a few other lesser priorities like another RB, but those are what I have.  There is some real money needed to do that, but we have plenty.  More than enough.   Here’s a link to a useful multi year view of contracts:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/yearly/cap/

Edited by BarleyNY

I think you watch ATL with a watchful eye.  Julio was on the verge of holdout goin into OTA's.  After a conversation with Arthur Blank he reported.  Jones stated the owner gave him his word he would be signed.  Last week Blank seemed to pull back on the situation.  A more we'll see and alot less optimistic.  The Falcons start slow they may be willing to part with Julio.

• Like (+1) 1

Sign whichever WR the Bengals let go between Boyd and Green

Sign one of the following EDGE players: Clowney, Ngakoue, Fowler, Beasley, Von Miller (if his option isn't picked up), C. Jones (if released for cap reasons), Campbell (if released for cap reasons)

Sign Tre White to an extension

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I can think of several players who will need to be extended.

Exactly.  Teams start FA by signing their own and the Bills will have a lot of those to consider.

It's WAY to early to know what players will be available from other teams.

Bills will have plenty of cash so that's a good thing.  Lot's of flexibility.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

For those that follow this better then me....how long before we start having to worry about contract for Josh Allen?

This is gonna eat up a ton of cap

The absolute earliest that he can be signed to a new contract is March of 2021 in accordance with the current CBA (and I doubt that'll change with a new CBA).

His rookie deal runs through the completion of the 2021 season, but the team can pick up his 5th year option for 2022, which would be a one-year extension equal in amount to the average of the top-10 QB salaries in 2022.  Of course, they could tag him twice after that as well.

• Thank you (+1) 2