Zeke 6 years $90 millionw/ $50 mil guarenteed

Reed83HOF

16 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Good for Elliott whatever the money it ends up.  Curious to see how Cowboys handle Prescott, Cooper and others because in a few years Bills will be in similar scenario of re-signing players. I guess it could start next year to some degree with White, Dawkins, and Milano regarding possibly extending one or more before rookie deal expires.

Because he can pound his chest as the “highest paid RB in the league”, which is what is really important to most of these self-absorbed types like Zeke. 

Edit: oops wrong quote. Meant to quote @Bills2ref

Edited by Sig1Hunter
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not upset at this.   Sammy Watkins got more per year in KC, and Zeke is 3 times the player he is, albeit at a different position.

Should be interesting to see how they pay Dak and keep the oline together.    Cooper is going to have to give them a hometown discount.

Cooper might get passed by Gallup as WR1 due to injury and reliability. 

Sure they have a hell of a line, but Zeke makes the team go. Cooper came in and added an element they didn't have, but teams had to focus on Zeke. Without that attention paid to Zeke, Cooper is not going to have nearly the input he had late last season.  Dak is asking for more money than I think he's worth, way more. I think Jerry feels the same, but Dak is his QB and even average Qb's are getting paid a ton. Cooper hasn't been there long enough to prove he can take over the offense without Zeke's presence. I know RB are "devalued" but Zeke probably is top 3 in touches over the last 3 yrs(non-qb). He is Dallas' main weapon on offense. You don't just put in a JAG and expect a SB when you are set up that way. He would be smart to ask for a ton of guaranteed $ because of this. Jerry is in a tough spot( I don't feel for him). I think in this scenario, paying Zeke is the right thing to do. Next up would be Dak. Let Cooper play out the year and negotiate with him in the off-season. Tag him if you need to. Windows in the NFL shut quickly, and Dallas thinks they are built to win now. Not having Zeke really throws a wrench in the plan. JMO.

Edited by Dopey

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not upset at this.   Sammy Watkins got more per year in KC, and Zeke is 3 times the player he is, albeit at a different position.

Should be interesting to see how they pay Dak and keep the oline together.    Cooper is going to have to give them a hometown discount.

Watkins is drastically overpaid for the player he is and what he brings...but with that said...the comparison isn't taking all things into account. The issue with RBs is....how much do you pay NOT for what you get, but rather for what you get over the possible/potential replacment.  The best 'journeyman' RB is going to be closer in talent and production to a top RB....more so than the best 'journeyman WR' is going to be to a top WR.

2 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

The Cowboys overpaid, but good for Zeke.  Anyone who pays BIG money for a RB is insane.  

Especially when they have very good QB and WR1 that they need to re-sign.    

Cowboys move a lot like the Redskins sometimes.  Head scratching.   

If I were Jerry I'd have let my offer from a month ago stand and see what the new kid Pollard can do for me.   With a great line and a passing attack to keep the D honest, there are lots of runners that can produce big numbers.

• Like (+1) 1

Gonna suck when Dak comes off his rookie contract

2 hours ago, nucci said:

If we go back to Thurman, would those here complaining about the money have given Thurman a big 2nd contract or let him leave? His first contract was for 4 years so he would have been a FA after the '91 season...since RBs are a dime a dozen and grow on trees....just wondering

Would you also agree the NFL was much different in 1991? 

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Gonna suck when Dak comes off his rookie contract

Would you also agree the NFL was much different in 1991? 

Yes but i was trying to put it in  present day..if this was Thurman and the Bills would you give him the big contract?

6 years / $90M works out to $15M a year.  The same amount Indy is paying Jacoby Brissett (2 years / $30M)

One of the top performing RB is getting paid the same as a bottom to low mid tier starting QB who until last week was a backup

Edited by /dev/null

4 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Shady worked out for us, no?

A 4 year 34m contract and traded kiko for him...

half his seasons under 1000 yards and half 4.0 or fewer ypc... 

i like shady and think we came out better paying him than kiko but I waffle on his time here 

21 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Shady worked out for us, no?

That is a bit of a loaded question.

Yes he was productive for us.....

Did his salary stop us from bringing in some other players that could help us even more?  I dont know.

I really just want to err on the side of mucho respect to what Shady gave....regardless of the contract.   At the end of the day I would MUCH rather draft running backs and have them on cost control contracts.

Look at how much work Beane has done and we STILL have over 90 million in next year's cap.   If Singletary works out....we are that much closer.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

A 4 year 34m contract and traded kiko for him...

half his seasons under 1000 yards and half 4.0 or fewer ypc... 

i like shady and think we came out better paying him than kiko but I waffle on his time here 

I don’t believe in paying RBs any more, but in today’s NFL RBs are just as much pass catchers as rushers. You can’t judge shady solely on the rushing stats. He was one of our best pass catchers as well.