Week 1 Bills unofficial depth chart

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah, they could probably get away with just Ty and Long as backups especially with Ford able to play G and both Long and Feliciano able to play C. 

I think that Bates is almost certain to dress on game day, even if he's not one of their 7 best OLmen.

They're not going to dress more than 7, and they need a contingency plan in place if they were to lose 2 OLmen in the same game.

Lose two interior, no problem: Bates goes in at one spot and Ford slides to guard with Nsekhe at OT

Lose one interior and one tackle, no brainer: Bates goes in at interior and Nsekhe at OT

Lose two tackles: Nsekhe at LT and Bates at RT

If Bates doesn't dress you lose that flexibility.

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Man would I rather have Nsekhe at T and Ford at G

With Q Williams and L Williams on the Jest DL, I love the nastiness of Feliciano and Ford lined up across from them. Gonna be a street brawl on our right side. 

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think that Bates is almost certain to dress on game day, even if he's not one of their 7 best OLmen.

They're not going to dress more than 7, and they need a contingency plan in place if they were to lose 2 OLmen in the same game.

Lose two interior, no problem: Bates goes in at one spot and Ford slides to guard with Nsekhe at OT

Lose one interior and one tackle, no brainer: Bates goes in at interior and Nsekhe at OT

Lose two tackles: Nsekhe at LT and Bates at RT

If Bates doesn't dress you lose that flexibility.

I don't think you do that unless he is not any less than Long. Only if we lose two tackles are we not covered and I imagine very few teams could dress seven and cover all those two player possibilities. 

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I don't think you do that unless he is not any less than Long. Only if we lose two tackles are we not covered and I imagine very few teams could dress seven and cover all those two player possibilities. 

My thinking here is that you're better off with Bates in there as your 7th OLman to get you through a game than anyone else because of his versatility.

I fully expect that Long would be your starter come the following week.

I know most coaches don't like to shuffle their line for one injury, but if you need to, you can easily kick Feliciano over to C if Morse gets hurt and slide Ford to RG with Nsekhe moving to OT.  That lineup had a lot of practice in the preseason.

Anyway, that's just my "plan for every possible scenario" thought.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Again, I find it so strange that we only have one backup for CB1/CB2. Crazy

Beane mentioned in his presser that he thought that Taron Johnson could slide out to play boundary corner in the event of 2 injuries to that position in the same game.

Obviously that would lead to them promoting Cam Lewis from the PS the following week, but his statement was mostly in regard to the emergency in-game situation.

9 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Where was the pronunciation guide when everyone was calling our starting QB by the wrong name for years?

I thought everybody knew that the correct pronunciation of Rob Johnson is "sack magnet."

• Like (+1) 1

If a tackle isn't a top 10 pick everybody wants him at guard, from Cordy to Ford

Cody Ford has all the makings of a RT including a super mean streak. Putting him at guard will only slow his development for tackle which is a 365 day task for a rookie OT

The only way you ever ship him inside is if he looks like a dumpster fire. Guards are alot easier to find than tackles 

The only thing he isn't is 6'6

F--- the pronunciation guide, they need a spelling guide, since so many people spell Eddie "Yarbrough" incorrectly. I have seen:

Yarborough

Yarbourough

Yarbourgh

Yarnrough

BTW, did they really need to tell us how to pronounce "Levi" and "Feliciano"?

Edited by from_dunkirk

1 hour ago, eball said:

I thought everybody knew that the correct pronunciation of Rob Johnson is "sack magnet."

My wife always called him glass boy, ?