Just how important is Sundays game?

Ramza86

26 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Difference between 5-0 and 4-1 at the bye? I'll take the 5-0. ?

To get a WC Spot, you gotta win in the division. Is it the end of the world, No. But this one game will make a difference with tie breakers... So, YES, it's very important...

13 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

last I knew, if you win the division, you don't get a wc spot?

I believe he was saying that, in order to get a WC spot, you must win games against teams in your division.

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i realized around the age of 6 (1973 season)  that very few road games are easy wins in the NFL.

and i haven't seen much to disabuse me of this notion since then

unless the home team has 100% made a run for the bus for the rest of the season or is critically injured and worthless

Bills should win this one, but i'll be watching and waiting for the other shoe to drop...

Agreed, and I share the same view. I was 9 in 1973, and I cannot count how many times that I have witnessed the same thing. The term "Any Given Sunday" is no joke.

13 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Agreed, and I share the same view. I was 9 in 1973, and I cannot count how many times that I have witnessed the same thing. The term "Any Given Sunday" is no joke.

any given Sunday is said after the fact

BETTING and cashing in on those epic upsets is another matter

(my gambling days are long behind me)

-----------------------------

love the posters on here going

"DUH..... 2 easy road wins and then Cincy will be a joke and we'll beat the Pats and start off 4-0"

Just now, row_33 said:

any given Sunday is said after the fact

BETTING and cashing in on those epic upsets is another matter

(my gambling days are long behind me)

Yes...but in the context of anyone is capable of winning!

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Like this is being discussed in 20 other threads?

Here’s an idea, how ‘bout all 100,000+ of us start a thread of how important this 1st game is? Hell, we already have a jump start on it.

No one need respond to any of the threads. We’ll all just peruse each other’s feelings..

Or not..

What do you think the Bills record will be this year?

2 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Although its just week 1. 

The Jets and the Bills are pretty even from a talent standpoint. 

I think Allen vs Darnold can be a great new rivalry for the league. 

Each team is trying to take over the division post Brady. 

Both teams feel a special year is coming. I think ours only happens with a road win against our new Jets rivals week 1.

I believe the most critical phase of this game is how well our o-line jells.  It normally takes time for a newly formed offensive line to mesh and get comfortable with house their line mates play and what to expect from them.  With Mitch Morse having had limited practices, this will be a challenge.

Important?  I hate the frickin Jets!  I hate they say New York when they are from Jersey!  I hate their uniforms, their helmets and their J E T S jets jets jets chant.  I hate Gase, I hated him last year too.  And most of all, I hate their fans, Fireman Ed, and any media expert who talks about the freakin Jets!  Yes dammit, this game is important!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I had become a pretty complacent fan over the years.  I watched every game, but I didn't really care about wins and losses.  I was simply looking for signs of improvement... just signs of hope that a better tomorrow would come.  Sure, we were "in the hunt" in early December, but that just meant we weren't mathematically eliminated.

This year feels different for me.  I believe the better tomorrow is almost here and I am genuinely hoping for playoffs this year.  I believe we are good enough to make the playoffs, but I don't believe there is enough room for both the Jets and the Bills in the playoffs this year.  I also believe that we are not yet good enough to make the playoffs if we lose any games that we should win.  

Sundays have been a nice relaxing time for me for many years, where wins felt nice and the losses didn't really hurt.  I have felt the excitement for this week-one match-up building for some time.   I think the two games with the Jets are the two most important games on our schedule - they just happen to be the first and last game of the season.   

It's exciting to watch meaningful football again.  Sports are more fun when we are fully invested, hanging on every third down in every game.  I haven't had this feeling for almost twenty years and I'm loving it.  Sure, the losses will hurt more than they have, but the wins will feel great.  

Every game on our schedule is very important (the joy of the 16-game season), but week 1 against the other improving team in our division with another good young QB is a really big game and I can't wait for kick-off.   

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Why the laugh? They're a talented team that won it's final 3 home games last season. They're not going to be easy at home. What's your reasoning?

I'm not buying the hype. EVERYONE is slobbering on the Browns, when they've proven absolutely nothing.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm not buying the hype. EVERYONE is slobbering on the Browns, when they've proven absolutely nothing.

I don't think they're going to the SB or anything like that. That said, I think that beating them in Cleveland is a very tough ask, especially given that they're more talented than the Bills. 

13 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

since 1964, this is the year

why the insane desire for the Browns to become SB champions immediately exists..... ?????

big part of why the Steelers have had a handful of losing seasons since 1973

the only reason i can gather is people are old enough to remember the Browns being the only team on TV in Buffalo and Southern Ontario, so they have a warm feeling still for Otto Graham and Jim Brown glory

Edited by row_33

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't think they're going to the SB or anything like that. That said, I think that beating them in Cleveland is a very tough ask, especially given that they're more talented than the Bills. 

Not on defense, they're not.