Power Rankings

aristocrat

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

You're cherry picking facts to back up your argument. The Raven's didn't make the playoffs because of Jackson. I think the Bears are better than us, but not as good as everyone is assuming they will be

They went 4-5 with Flacco and 6-1 with Lamar, so that shows some impact.  I’m not even arguing he’s great.  But why can’t he improve?  I honestly have no idea how to rank the Ravens but I’d put the playoff team with a track record of success ahead of us right now.  Depending on which qb improves the most, I can see things switching. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Where should the team that won the SB be ranked?  You would be losing your mind about the national media disrespecting us if the Bills weren’t number 1 after winning the SB (I would be dead of heart attack).

guess what?  The odds say the Pats will win the SB and are still the best team.  They will be until they aren’t.  So why put someone else ahead of them?

...LMAO...for how many years has Brady's "six foot hole" been shovel ready?....Pats are like that keepsake 'ol "John Cameron Swayze Timex" in your top drawer from the old man...SOB's just "keep on tickin' "............

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, you’re the one who’s sensitive.  You cry every time some doesn’t just say the Bills are awesome.  I’m objective.  Right now, I have zero problems with their rankings that mean absolutely nothing. 

Guess what people who think the national media is against Buffalo?  Guess who will be ranked if the Bills win this week?  Prove you’re not the same 6-10 7-9 team and then you get respect.  But stop crying about being disrespected because right now, we don’t deserve any. 

ok.  you're sounding foolish now.  show me once where the bolded happen.  one time.  it doesn't.  you on the other hand...someone makes a simple comment about another team/player, and i can literally count you to come in a second to tell them why they're not allowed to have that opinion.  

when someone complains about not getting media attention, (and i agree it's wildly stupid), you're the first one to come in an repeat the same tired nonsense.  we get it.  you're a former homer and now a "realist".  you complain you're attacked for your opinion, only to do the same to others.  you calling anyone sensitive is pretty laughable.

Edited by teef

5 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

fins 32nd, lol

they should be 33rd

told this to my buddy, who is a lifelong fins fan, and he spit his beer out all over the place, was a fricken mess

BTW - great avatar; cracks me up everytime i see it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Exactly, the Bills are a team with good defense and an offense that has been missing for over 2 decades. Josh Allen could very well be JP Losman for all we know. If Allen shows to be a top 15 QB in this league, the Bills are probably in the playoffs for the foreseeable future. If he turns out to be another bum, this team wins 6 games max.

I don’t get why people think there is some bias against the Bills.  It’s dumb.  Allen wasn’t an accurate passer in college and he was even worse in the nfl.  He has some great skills but he needs to make some big steps.  If Allen wasn’t on the Bills and played on a 6-10 Lions team, we won’t lose it if they were ranked in the top 15.

6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

I'm OK with this, the Bills have a lot to prove. I'm hopeful but can't say for sure that they are currently better than any team ahead of them on the list. 

3 minutes ago, teef said:

ok.  you're sounding foolish now.  show me once where the bolded happen.  one time.  it doesn't.  you on the other hand...someone makes a simple comment about another team/player, and i can literally count you to come in a seconds to tell them why they're not allowed to have that opinion.  

when someone complains about not getting media attention, (and i agree it's wildly stupid), you're the first one to come in an repeat the same tire nonsense.  we get it.  you're a former homer and now a "realist".  you complain you're attacked for your opinion, only to do the same to others.  you calling anyone sensitive is pretty laughable.

You literally reply to even post that I make about another team.  You’re sensitive.  It’s ok.  I want the Bills to be good too.  They are 6-10 with an up and down qb.  When they are good, they will be given a ton of credit and I will be very happy.  

But dont be so sensitive. ?

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO...for how many years has Brady's "six foot hole" been shovel ready?....Pats are like that keepsake 'ol "John Cameron Swayze Timex" in your top drawer from the old man...SOB's just "keep on tickin' "............

I don’t get that reference haha.  

I do agree at some one point Brady will fall out.  It will just be the same people predicting it every year and then when he sucks at 50, they will be like I told you so!!!

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You literally reply to even post that I make about another team.  You’re sensitive.  It’s ok.  I want the Bills to be good too.  They are 6-10 with an up and down qb.  When they are good, they will be given a ton of credit and I will be very happy.  

can you show me?  i bet you can't because it never happens.  to be honest, i usually read your posts and think wow...again?  he's actually going over this again?  why does it bother you so much that someone may actually have a negative opinion of another team?  do you not think it's allowed because we're bills fans?  

i get it.  you're calling me sensitive because i called you sensitive.  you need to work on you biscuit.  i think you can do better.  

Edited by teef

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t get that reference haha.  

I do agree at some one point Brady will fall out.  It will just be the same people predicting it every year and then when he sucks at 50, they will be like I told you so!!!

....seriously?...how many years now have they been penciled in as TOAST?...

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....seriously?...how many years now have they been penciled in as TOAST?...

Every time they lose a game.  The dynasty is over!!!

its like Mike Myers or Jason.  You think they are dead and they are making another movie.  Personally, if I was Brady, I would have retired last year.  I don’t get what he has left to prove. 

55 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

The O Line is 100x better.  We have one of the best centers in the NFL now. 

Out all summer on concussion protocol, his 4th documented one in the NFL.  Second round draft pick a few years back.  IR late season 2017 for a apparently recurring foot issue.

To make that statement your crystal ball gets better reception than mine ;)

7 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Bills 1, screw pats !!

Jets arent better than us in that they just got new coaches and systems, which takes time to be great at. Plus their front office is usually in turmoil so that will be their undoing over time.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Where should the team that won the SB be ranked?  You would be losing your mind about the national media disrespecting us if the Bills weren’t number 1 after winning the SB (I would be dead of heart attack).

guess what?  The odds say the Pats will win the SB and are still the best team.  They will be until they aren’t.  So why put someone else ahead of them?

Well the odds are WRONG. Any other franchise with the laundry list of missing and injured players the Patriots have would not make the top ten, much less number one, defending champs or not.

And please note I'm not complaining about the Bills rank. That is about right.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

Yeah I can see where you are coming from.  I just didn't see anything in preseason that leads me to declare the O-Line is markedly better.  That, IMO. will decide this season for the Bills one way or the other.  Well that and Allen taking a nice big step up :)

I can’t argue with that. The two biggest improvements that we are counting on are Josh’s progression and a better o-line for both pass protection and the run game.  

There is reason to expect all of these improvements - can’t wait to see it on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well the odds are WRONG. Any other franchise with the laundry list of missing and injured players the Patriots have would not make the top ten, much less number one, defending champs or not.

And please note I'm not complaining about the Bills rank. That is about right.

PTR, everyone says this every year!!!  They get the benefit of doubt because they are best franchise in pro sports.  I hate them but it is absolutely amazing what they have done and they deserve to be number 1 until they are unseated. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

PTR, everyone says this every year!!!  They get the benefit of doubt because they are best franchise in pro sports.  I hate them but it is absolutely amazing what they have done and they deserve to be number 1 until they are unseated. 

Yes they are amazing, but do you not see how stupid it is to have a power rating based strictly on reputation? These "experts" are supposed to rate the team as it stands right at this moment, not based on what they did the past 20 years. They may win another Super Bowl but right now, based on their recent injuries, suspensions, age and roster losses, they don't deserve to be rated #1. The Chiefs have an argument for #1. The Rams too. Crap, the Browns even do. Not the Pats.