If you can't go to the stadium, where is your favorite place to watch the game?

tomur67

14 hours ago, skibum said:

It's tough. I live in New England, and my only friend with Season Ticket is a Giants fan. There is one mediocre sports bar in town, and I will only go if the Pats are not playing at the same time. Since they are on prime time seemingly every week, it actually works out a lot. Otherwise, it's Reddit to the rescue. 

Where in New England are you? There are actually two Bills bars in Boston, both encroaching on Boston Sports meccas.

The Harp on Causeway, right across the street from TD Garden gets the biggest crowd, has great theme weeks (beef on deck, mighty taco, etc.), the bar brings in blue on draft during the season, and there is a DJ to blast the shout song with each score.

The other is Bleacher Bar, which is actually inside of the center field wall at Fenway, there are windows at ground level right on the playing field. More low key, but as soon as you walk through the door, you're greeted by a framed Jim Kelly jersey on the wall.

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Harp is in downtown right next to TD Garden. Parking is at a premium. Sometimes I'll take the Orange Line T Train in instead of trying to find a space close by. Part of the reason why I only get there once a year. It's a pain.

Yeah, I haven't been down there in a couple seasons, ever since I moved up near the NH state line and got Sunday Ticket. The travel in and the amount of money I spend is a bit of a deterrent.

I hope to make it down there for a game this year. Let me know if and when you'll be there and I'll try to make it. I'm always happy to hang with a fellow TBDer.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, devldog131 said:

Where in New England are you? There are actually two Bills bars in Boston, both encroaching on Boston Sports meccas.

The Harp on Causeway, right across the street from TD Garden gets the biggest crowd, has great theme weeks (beef on deck, mighty taco, etc.), the bar brings in blue on draft during the season, and there is a DJ to blast the shout song with each score.

The other is Bleacher Bar, which is actually inside of the center field wall at Fenway, there are windows at ground level right on the playing field. More low key, but as soon as you walk through the door, you're greeted by a framed Jim Kelly jersey on the wall.

Yeah, I haven't been down there in a couple seasons, ever since I moved up near the NH state line and got Sunday Ticket. The travel in and the amount of money I spend is a bit of a deterrent.

I hope to make it down there for a game this year. Let me know if and when you'll be there and I'll try to make it. I'm always happy to hang with a fellow TBDer.

I was thinking of going this weekend. I had plans to go to NJ for the game but they fell through. Would kind of like to be with Bills fans when we beat the Jets. I'll PM you when I know.

11 hours ago, uticaclub said:

I can’t watch a game alone, I have to go to local Bills bar in whatever city I’m in. I need to be around other people going through what I’m going through on game days. 

I agree with this sentiment ... If I dont go to the billsbackers bar I will watch at home and be on my laptop commiserating in the  game day thread with WNY homeys. GO BILLS!~!~!~!

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I was thinking of going this weekend. I had plans to go to NJ for the game but they fell through. Would kind of like to be with Bills fans when we beat the Jets. I'll PM you when I know.

I definitely won't be able to swing this weekend. The wife has me booked solid for pretty much the entire weekend besides Sunday from 1-4:30.

On 9/2/2019 at 9:33 PM, tomur67 said:

We have a tavern down in Florida, McCalls, that is only for Bill's games on Sundays.  It's wild, loud, and crazy with loads of crazy Bill's fans.

I used to go there but I can’t leave mom alone for 3 hours anymore, so I have the Sunday Ticket. I still do the old TBD chat room during games with Fezmid, OrlandoBob, et al.

?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/3/2019 at 5:46 PM, DBilz2500 said:

I have the same question. I have a 65” 4K ultra HD TV and I have Directv but for some reason my picture doesn’t look all that good for football. Pisses me off 

Satellite tends to compress the snot out of everything. Do they advertise 4K delivery?

On 9/4/2019 at 7:46 AM, plenzmd1 said:

I am on my covered porch out back, no matter the weather. One 55 inch on the Bills game, the other with Red Zone...

Experiencing the elements (mostly) ... nice :)

In my bed. Games in Alaska start at 9 AM I like to sleep in during weekends. That may change this year because I have a 17 month old that wakes up at 7 and wants dad to play with him. I have Sunday ticket and as a matter of fact never been to the New Era Field, I am a TV fan. I have watched the bills live once (at Oakland)

Edited by toto8