If you can't go to the stadium, where is your favorite place to watch the game?

tomur67

Not "can't" for me, I choose not to go.  My favorite place is home with my family, watching a recording with commercials and halftime removed during dinner.

Works out perfectly for us.

10 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I have seasons and attend one roadie a season, and while I do enjoy the camaraderie of friends and liquid hops, my recliner in front of my 4k is really hard to beat from a viewing and budgetary standpoint on away Sundays

Same is true on home Sundays my friend :)

15 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

How about this one....if you can't watch the game live, even just a bit of the beginning....do you RECORD it?

My buddy does this with football and I am like bro....either the game is still on and you just watch it as soon as you can, or the game is over and you just check the score. I may be an idiot for yelling at my own tv (yes honey, I know they can't hear me) but I'd feel doubly idiotic getting emotional over ***** that already happened.  I can't stand recorded sports. Live or GTFO. Gotta have the tension.

i will tape 5 1pm games on some Sundays and watch a quarter of each progressively (fast forwarding to the game action)

ditch the games that have become garbagetime and finish the 5, ready for the 4pm slate

it's heaven

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

Well, while I can't speak to the atmosphere at home, I assume you have plenty of food and drink available. No? And if you don't have friends, you have family, right?  Home is a perfect spot for game watching (if it's on the tube).

Sure.  My point was that I'm so locked in during a game, nothing else is important. 

13 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm voting for home...or a friends house.   For me..that is even well ahead of the stadium experience.

Agreed.  I do miss Kenny's tailgate.  But not the in stadium experience.  In a perfect world I'd live close enough to go to the tailgate and head home to catch the game.

20 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Agreed.  I do miss Kenny's tailgate.  But not the in stadium experience.  In a perfect world I'd live close enough to go to the tailgate and head home to catch the game.

it would be great to relive the Kelly prime years again, nothing like being there while a great team draws and quarters an opponent

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

i will tape 5 1pm games on some Sundays and watch a quarter of each progressively (fast forwarding to the game action)

ditch the games that have become garbagetime and finish the 5, ready for the 4pm slate

it's heaven

Ah! For non Bills games, I get that. I don't mind higlight-esque versions of games I don't have any flesh in.

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

Back when I lived there I believe the Bills fans went to The Fours. That still there?

I've never been a fan of music during commercials. But when you are in a bar, you need breaks to go to the bathroom, get another drink, etc.

Not that I have heard of, the only other Bills Bar I know of is where the BB of The Fenway meet, The Bleacher Bar.