If you can't go to the stadium, where is your favorite place to watch the game?

tomur67

27 minutes ago, notwoz said:

I used to go to a local Bills bar in Herndon, Va. But I got tired of the drunks, so now I'm content to watch from the comfort of my recliner.

Jimmy’s Old Town Tavern?

If you were ever there from 2010-2015 or so, I was probably one of those drunks ?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I can’t watch a game alone, I have to go to local Bills bar in whatever city I’m in. I need to be around other people going through what I’m going through on game days. 

how do you put up with 8 minutes of ads in 11 minutes real time

19 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Ever since moving to Pittsburgh I'm at New Era for all the home games. 

When they're on the road, I watch at home with family. 

I do not need atmosphere, friends, food or drink.  

Well, while I can't speak to the atmosphere at home, I assume you have plenty of food and drink available. No? And if you don't have friends, you have family, right?  Home is a perfect spot for game watching (if it's on the tube).

36 minutes ago, row_33 said:

how do you put up with 8 minutes of ads in 11 minutes real time

Talk to other fans at the bar about what’s going on in the game, usually I’ll notice something someone else doesn’t or vise versa. Being a transplant I’ve met some of my best friends at the bar on Sundays. Also, there’s a DJ that plays classic rock instead of retirement ads

21 minutes ago, HT02 said:

Home but third is the Boston Bills Backer bar.. The Harp

Back when I lived there I believe the Bills fans went to The Fours. That still there?

Just now, uticaclub said:

Talk to other fans at the bar about what’s going on in the game, usually I’ll notice something someone else doesn’t or vise versa. Being a transplant I’ve met some of my best friends at the bar on Sundays. Also, there’s a DJ that plays classic rock instead of retirement ads

I've never been a fan of music during commercials. But when you are in a bar, you need breaks to go to the bathroom, get another drink, etc.

11 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

i didn't mind, but people i went with to the game would complain ENDLESSLY about commercial breaks and then the replay delays, almost harshed my mellow

considering there's about 12 minutes of post-snap actual action in the game, it's not much for the 3.5 hours you are at the game

(takes about an hour to watch a tape of the game)

15 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I have seasons and attend one roadie a season, and while I do enjoy the camaraderie of friends and liquid hops, my recliner in front of my 4k is really hard to beat from a viewing and budgetary standpoint on away Sundays

and when it's a disaster you aren't trapped for hours with the drive home to grimace over

• Like (+1) 1

How about this one....if you can't watch the game live, even just a bit of the beginning....do you RECORD it?

My buddy does this with football and I am like bro....either the game is still on and you just watch it as soon as you can, or the game is over and you just check the score. I may be an idiot for yelling at my own tv (yes honey, I know they can't hear me) but I'd feel doubly idiotic getting emotional over ***** that already happened.  I can't stand recorded sports. Live or GTFO. Gotta have the tension.