If you can't go to the stadium, where is your favorite place to watch the game?

tomur67

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

When I hit the bar to watch, I average 40-50 bucks, too (no parking, though).  Well worth it.  99% of the time, I'm joined by my close friend who is a Pats fan.

So what typically happens after you have to shiv the mofo?

Home.  If the game isn't on TV in Albany then I go to OTB's Clubhouse Race Book.  There I get my own booth with a TV where I can listen to the sound instead of being at some sports bar where you can't hear what the announcers are saying.  

I still like going to games although I'm down to about 1 a season in Orchard Park and a road game.  This year I get to go to the 1st 2 games of the season because Met Life is the closest stadium to Albany.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

Home if it's nationally televised.  If not, Recovery Sports Grill.

I know the people that own that place.. Only got to go a handful of times before I moved to the South 8 years ago... but always liked it. Loved the Matt DeLorenzo race car hanging from the ceiling (At least at the one I went to)

It's tough. I live in New England, and my only friend with Season Ticket is a Giants fan. There is one mediocre sports bar in town, and I will only go if the Pats are not playing at the same time. Since they are on prime time seemingly every week, it actually works out a lot. Otherwise, it's Reddit to the rescue. 

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

When I hit the bar to watch, I average 40-50 bucks, too (no parking, though).  Well worth it.  99% of the time, I'm joined by my close friend who is a Pats fan.

The Harp is in downtown right next to TD Garden. Parking is at a premium. Sometimes I'll take the Orange Line T Train in instead of trying to find a space close by. Part of the reason why I only get there once a year. It's a pain.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

I know the people that own that place.. Only got to go a handful of times before I moved to the South 8 years ago... but always liked it. Loved the Matt DeLorenzo race car hanging from the ceiling (At least at the one I went to)

It is a great place.  We go to the one in Queensbury.  My son and I actually went there for lunch yesterday.  I've also been to the one in East Greenbush a bunch of times.  Great food and service; nice beer selection, too.

11 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Living in Tennessee, I don't think there's anywhere I can go. Before the Titans, they showed Bills games here frequently. I told some people here I'd drive the crane with a wrecking ball for free tearing down their stadium if the Titans left. That didn't go over so well

Coolest place I ever went was a bills backer bar in Nashville. We watched the Bills make the playoffs to break the streak. Favorite memory other than my daughter being born. I can find the name of it If you're close