Colts Extend Brissett

6 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1168635665036271618?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

(Sorry, idk how to embed a tweet from my phone) 

20 mil Guaranteed ...Seems like the just enjoy handing out money unnecessarily 

Not sure if I can justify the contract, but I think JB will have a good year along with his team.

• Like (+1) 1

Good show of faith to him as Indy was thrust into this situation. People forget that he was actually pretty decent two years ago being traded at the start of the season without the benefit of training camp on that team and playing for a terrible coaching staff. I think Reich will keep them competitive without Luck. $15 mil/year is not bad. Gives Jacoby a chance to earn the permanent starting role without crippling the team long term if he doesn't.

• Like (+1) 2

Wait!  I heard right here own this very board that Brissett was NOT Plan B all along this off season if Luck couldn't go.

And that the Colts were NOT all in on JB since the Spring?Summer when Luck was nowhere to be found at camp.

So this MUST be Fake News!!

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wait!  I heard right here own this very board that Brissett was NOT Plan B all along this off season if Luck couldn't go.

And that the Colts were NOT all in on JB since the Spring?Summer when Luck was nowhere to be found at camp.

Too Shay.  You were right; I was wrong.

But the Colts will suck as long as he's under center.

I'm happy for the kid.  He got paid by being in the right place at the right time.  Good on him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

I'm happy for the kid.  He got paid by being in the right place at the right time.  Good on him.

This may be true.  

We shall see...

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Thats exactly right. They paid him prematurely IMO. However their cap situation allows them to do that, IIRC. 

I think it may very well turn out to be a premature mistake. But given their current cap situation, it’s a potential mistake that may be worth some risk. I suppose they’d rather be sure they can keep him if all goes well this year. If he bombs, they can have their back up QB and still have the money available to get a starter elsewhere 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Two years at backup money is "all in"?  OK.