Bills work out 4 punters including Ryan Santoso and Brock Miller

YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe they aren’t interested in playing for the Bills, or are asking for more $ than the Bills believe they are worth 

Yep.  Would be interesting to know what's going on there.  Several punters available and not many jobs.

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

whats up with allen. they must know something to completely ignore him. he's a decent punter, no?

Who could the Buffalo Bills turn to if they release Corey Bojorquez?

• Ryan Allen, who was cut by the New England Patriots, has consistently been ranked among the middle of the pack for net yardage. Last year, Allen, a three-time Super Bowl champion, ranked 16th in average yards per punt (45.1), and was 19th in average net yards per punt (39.5). Allen also put on a punting show in the Super Bowl, averaging 43 yards per punt with three punts inside the 20 on his five boots.
  •  
  • Bryan Anger, who was cut by the Houston Texans, averaged 47.2 yards on ten punts this preseason for Houston. During a seven-year career with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Anger has averaged 46.2 yards per punt with a net punting average of 40.6. He is coming off a 2018 season where he averaged 45 yards per punt with a 38.9 net punting average on 57 punts for the Buccaneers.
  •  
  • Matt Darr, who was released by the New York Jets, has familiarity with the Bills after appearing in five games during the 2018 season. Darr averaged 40.5 yards per punt with a net average of 36.3 on 20 punts with the Bills. Prior to his time in Western New York, Darr nearly averaged 40 net yards per punt on 182 punts with the Miami Dolphins during the 2015 and 2016 seasons.
  •  
  • Donnie Jones, formerly of the Los Angeles Chargers, ranked 32nd among punters in average yards per punt last year (42.3), and was 31st in net punting (38.0). Only three of his punts went for touchbacks last year, with nearly 32 percent of his punts traveling inside the 20.
  •  
  • Johnny Townsend, who was cut by the New York Giants, averaged 43.2 yards per punt with a net average of 38.3 and 17 punts placed inside the 20 on 70 punts with the Oakland Raiders in 2018Who could the Buffalo Bills turn to if they release Corey Bojorquez?

Of these guys Allen seems to be the best bet as he’s played in winter weather.  Anger has only kicked for warm weather teams.

The Bills preseason stats aren’t much different from these guys but it’s those shanks that are a problem.

Edited by ColeB

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hope they aren’t too deadest on having a punter with a huge leg. Yeah buffalo weather is a real factor but not enough of one to pass over better, more consistent punters for another Bojo (big leg, very inconsistent)... 

59 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Possibly just looking for a PS punter in case they need to make a quick move.

I was actually thinking the same. Makes sense to sign one to the PS. Keeps the competition steady. 

1 hour ago, Meazy26 said:

I’d love to take a shot on Marquette King, but I guess teams don’t like outspoken punters. 

I don't know what his deal is with the injury last year.  It's not like he isn't interested......

tenor.gif?itemid=5876339

2 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

When your punter is the worst player on the team, I think it's a good thing. Remember when Moorman was one of the better players on the team? The Bills didn't fare too well. I am not as gung ho on replacing Bojo as others, especially if Hauschka trusts him as a holder.

so you are OK with 34 yard shanks ?