Bruce Smith clip on TNT Sports - anyone remember this?

YoloinOhio

I vividly recall this.

This happens frequently in the military when people lock their knees while standing at attention. 

At the time, the team doc made clear he had the flu and was dehydrated.  Could have been cover but having seen Bruce in person many times, I believed him. 

Thurman? Not so much. Saw him verbally b*tch slap two kids looking for autographs and my respect instantly fell. That was at Bruce’s golf tournament in Virginia. Andre was with him and said, “Come on, man.”

Edited by TroutDog
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SirAndrew said:

From these posts, looks like a few people actually believe it too. 

I've read through some of the posts regarding the potential seriousness of the situation, but I'm pretty sure the host could smell the booze from a mile away. Made me laugh, but to each their own. I understand where they're coming from; just don't share their perspective.

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I've read through some of the posts regarding the potential seriousness of the situation, but I'm pretty sure the host could smell the booze from a mile away. Made me laugh, but to each their own. I understand where they're coming from; just don't share their perspective.

Exactly, getting drunk before going on tv and drinking way more than you can handle seems more logical than showing up the flu. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Exactly, getting drunk before going on tv and drinking way more than you can handle seems more logical than showing up the flu. 

Didnt Bruce once get a DWI because police found him pulled out in his car passed out drunk?

https://www.apnews.com/63e84d7e8bc43607c284915555b8b6b4

Edited by Phil The Thrill
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

No idea why people still make fun of this.  Passing out standing up, for any reason, is no laughing matter.  Anything can happen when your head falls to the floor from 6+ feet up.  Wasn't funny then, still ain't funny.

Geezus, lighten up...if he had injured himself it would be different...but he didn't.

"Next up, don't laugh at a player's foolish mistake, it may have taken real food off his children's plates!!!!"

"Don't laugh when a QB throws an interception, he would have donated money to charity!!!!!"

"When a team loses a playoff game, realize how many vendors will lose out on another payday!!!!!"

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 2