Buffalo Bills make Bill Belichick proud with smart practice squad addition

HOUSE

45 minutes ago, nucci said:

Fair enough but probably won't have an impact on the game

Probably not.  It would be negligible in any case.  I think the reason the Bills signed him is that he was as good a fit for what they wanted in a practice squad QB as anybody else out there, and better than most.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Remember the acquisition of Lawyer Milloy, fellow old Bills Backers?

We kicked the crap out of the Cheatriots 31-0. I have always wondered if Malloy gave the Bills a huge advantage, because the second game they returned the favor and creamed us.

It matters... has to. My only question for this entire season (besides Zay) is why trade EVER with the Cheatriots? LOL

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Remember the acquisition of Lawyer Milloy, fellow old Bills Backers?

We kicked the crap out of the Cheatriots 31-0. I have always wondered if Malloy gave the Bills a huge advantage, because the second game they returned the favor and creamed us.

It matters... has to. My only question for this entire season (besides Zay) is why trade EVER with the Cheatriots? LOL

The Patriots knew every play the Bills were running that second game. Watch Tedy Bruschi's interception at the goalline. He's already moving toward the spot the pass was heading before the snap. The Patriots get their intel from many sources, not just ex-players.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Patriots knew every play the Bills were running that second game. Watch Tedy Bruschi's interception at the goalline. He's already moving toward the spot the pass was heading before the snap. The Patriots get their intel from many sources, not just ex-players.

I was talking about the first game and Malloy's input... the second game might be a precursor to a system of intel gathering to embarrass us and it might have turned into what was after Spygate. No one will ever convince me that they stop cheating somehow, some way...

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

You don't think McD knows the Jets playbook?  There are only a limited number of plays and formations in the NFL.  Every OC, DC and HC knows them.  And they study so much film, they know what formations and plays other teams use.  The artistry is (1) calling a game plan that takes advantages of your strengths and the other teams weaknesses, and (2) executing the plays better than other teams.

Webb might know a couple nuances and tendencies that are not immediately apparent.  But the intel he gives the Bills coaches will have little effect on the outcome of the game, if any at all.

And running different plays out of different formations

22 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

How much does this stuff really matter?  Would the Pats have not beaten most teams even without signing one of their ex players?  

Then why do the Pats *  continue to do it if it doesn’t make a difference?

On 9/2/2019 at 12:08 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

How much does this stuff really matter?  Would the Pats have not beaten most teams even without signing one of their ex players?  

I think it depends on the player.  I think it definitely mattered when we signed Lawyer Milloy and then beat the Pats 31-0 week 1 on way to a 6-10 record while the Pats were on their way to a 14-2 record and a SB title.