Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Pats place 1st rd pick N’Keal Harry on IR

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Figured that was the plan

If he doesn’t pan out that’s a long line of WR draft fails in NE

It’s the system? I don’t understand why they get so little production out of the receivers in that scheme. Aside from Moss, who has really been a receiver on the outside that has been an every down threat for them? Certainly no one that has been drafted and brought up in the system. 

I was also banging the drum for Harry. I feel like he is a huge talent and was the possession type receiver that the Bills offense needed. 

Every year I’m confused by the Patriots, and every year they win another ring. SMH

Edited by RobbRiddicksTDLeap

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

Or implode

..would be something new, right?.......

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Josh Gordon is going to do some blow up this year.  

I fixed it in a way that accurately reflects the historical narrative. Hopefully he's got his head on right, but my correct seems more likely.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Josh Gordon is going to use blow up this year.  

or this ⬆️

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I fixed it in a way that accurately reflects the historical narrative. Hopefully he's got his head on right, but my correct seems more likely.

lol, beat me to it.

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Your originality is refreshing.

I think Gordon is in a good situation to thrive if he behaves himself.  I realize that’s a big IF, but with Harry going on IR and Gronk gone he’s going to get a lot of looks from Brady.

Not cheering for the Pats in any way, just recognizing a player who is in the right situation to have a comeback season.  We all know how talented he can be.

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Your originality is refreshing.

I think Gordon is in a good situation to thrive if he behaves himself.  I realize that’s a big IF, but with Harry going on IR and Gronk gone he’s going to get a lot of looks from Brady.

Not cheering for the Pats in any way, just recognizing a player who is in the right situation to have a comeback season.  We all know how talented he can be.

Yeah, I'm personally a little burned out on his redemption narrative. I wish him the absolute best personally, and professionally, while he plays for those schmucks I hope he fails miserably.

It's still ridiculous that he was allowed to return, much less after 2 games missed from an "indefinite suspension." 

And Dodson gets played on the commish's exemption list but Patrick Chung isn't?  SMH.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

It’s the system? I don’t understand why they get so little production out of the receivers in that scheme. Aside from Moss, who has really been a receiver on the outside that has been an every down threat for them? Certainly no one that has been drafted and brought up in the system. 

I was also banging the drum for Harry. I feel like he is a huge talent and was the possession type receiver that the Bills offense needed. 

Every year I’m confused by the Patriots, and every year they win another ring. SMH

Of course, it’s one of the few things they’ve gotten wrong. But they’ve inarguably gotten it wrong. 

I thought they were going to take my dude Deebo Samuel, he would have been a great fit with their whole Belichick wideout oeuvre imo. Didn't really care for the other WRs

Was never worried about Harry. I think he washes out in NE anyway. 

56 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Be wary of receivers whose biggest strength is "contested catch ability." It begs the question - why so many contested catches against college DBs? If you can't separate in college you won't separate in the NFL and contested catches don't get easier. Zay Jones had this exact problem transitioning to the pros.

Was Zay really known as a constested catch guy in college? Funny because he's yet to make a single one as a pro.

46 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's still ridiculous that he was allowed to return, much less after 2 games missed from an "indefinite suspension." 

And Dodson gets played on the commish's exemption list but Patrick Chung isn't?  SMH.

This^^^^

I thought that penalties were supposed to get increasingly severe for each transgression?  Then again, look no further than who he plays for.....

16 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Was Zay really known as a constested catch guy in college? Funny because he's yet to make a single one as a pro.

Here's the scouting report on him:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/zay-jones?id=2557863

All-time FBS receptions leader. Hands catcher outside the hashes and snatches it away from his frame. Swallows ball into his frame to protect it when working over the middle. Tape shows a willingness to run head-first into traffic and make the tough catch when hit is imminent. Can win all day when it comes to finishing catches at the high point.

Play speed is very average. Lacks vertical push to force cornerbacks to open and run early and doesn't have second gear to separate from coverage down the field. Thin frame. Struggles to find clean releases against press coverage due to play strength and foot quickness. High-volume production helped by high percentage of short throws and wide receiver screens. Sticky out of breaks and unable to shake tight coverage.

N'Keal Harry's scouting report actually reads pretty smiliar:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/n'keal-harry?id=32194841-5265-4593-d716-d972ec2d4468

• Thanks! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the scouting report on him:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/zay-jones?id=2557863

N'Keal Harry's scouting report actually reads pretty smiliar:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/n'keal-harry?id=32194841-5265-4593-d716-d972ec2d4468

Your first quote hasn't shown up;  your second quote is more true than a Josh Allen bucket pass.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..would be something new, right?.......

It's different, he's going to implode the Patriot way. Should be fun to watch.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Never said otherwise.  But with Brady nearing the end, we'll see how far they can go with that strategy.

I believe that's why there were reports a couple of years ago suggesting he wanted to trade Brady and Keep Garoppolo. H e wanted to do the Bledsoe -> Brady move again, and Kraft wouldn't let him. I really think it's going to bite them in the ass, because Belichick knows how hard it is to find a SB-calibre QB in this league. 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

He didn't have a very strong camp, I don't think he would have been a starter anyways. So far he has had trouble separating and the contested catch ability that got him drafted high hasn't shown up yet.

Did he have any targets from Brady or just Hoyer and Stidham? This would make a huge difference.

6 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Not even Hernandez accomplished that, so no...

14 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

...wasn't he a hot pick here though??........

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

You're allowed to bust constantly when you turn late pick and UDFA WRs into HoF players every year.

How many UDFA WRs did they turn into HoFrs? Or PS players?

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

How many UDFA WRs did they turn into HoFrs? Or PS players?

Was just about to ask same question lolol

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Won’t be available vs Bills week 4

Let's see...

No Gronk.

Gronk's replacement is 38 and suspended for 4 games

Starting center out, Russell Bodine his possible replacement
Starting LT hasn't played a regular season game yet.

Edelmann's had is injured  again

Harry gone for the year

Brady turns 42...

Pats are looking like another Super Bowl favorite!.

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

You're allowed to bust constantly when you turn late pick and UDFA WRs into HoF players every year.

Here's the list:

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Josh Gordon is going to blow up this year.  

Just add the word "use" in front of blow and I'm sure many would agree with you.