Pats place 1st rd pick N’Keal Harry on IR

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, fair enough.  And I loved Harry and hated the Pats drafted him.  

Be wary of receivers whose biggest strength is "contested catch ability." It begs the question - why so many contested catches against college DBs? If you can't separate in college you won't separate in the NFL and contested catches don't get easier. Zay Jones had this exact problem transitioning to the pros.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Be wary of receivers whose biggest strength is "contested catch ability." It begs the question - why so many contested catches against college DBs? If you can't separate in college you won't separate in the NFL and contested catches don't get easier. Zay Jones had this exact problem transitioning to the pros.

Never really thought of it that way. Good post

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Figured that was the plan

If he doesn’t pan out that’s a long line of WR draft fails in NE

It’s the system? I don’t understand why they get so little production out of the receivers in that scheme. Aside from Moss, who has really been a receiver on the outside that has been an every down threat for them? Certainly no one that has been drafted and brought up in the system. 

I was also banging the drum for Harry. I feel like he is a huge talent and was the possession type receiver that the Bills offense needed. 

Every year I’m confused by the Patriots, and every year they win another ring. SMH

Edited by RobbRiddicksTDLeap

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I fixed it in a way that accurately reflects the historical narrative. Hopefully he's got his head on right, but my correct seems more likely.

Your originality is refreshing.

I think Gordon is in a good situation to thrive if he behaves himself.  I realize that’s a big IF, but with Harry going on IR and Gronk gone he’s going to get a lot of looks from Brady.

Not cheering for the Pats in any way, just recognizing a player who is in the right situation to have a comeback season.  We all know how talented he can be.

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Your originality is refreshing.

I think Gordon is in a good situation to thrive if he behaves himself.  I realize that’s a big IF, but with Harry going on IR and Gronk gone he’s going to get a lot of looks from Brady.

Not cheering for the Pats in any way, just recognizing a player who is in the right situation to have a comeback season.  We all know how talented he can be.

Yeah, I'm personally a little burned out on his redemption narrative. I wish him the absolute best personally, and professionally, while he plays for those schmucks I hope he fails miserably.

It's still ridiculous that he was allowed to return, much less after 2 games missed from an "indefinite suspension." 

And Dodson gets played on the commish's exemption list but Patrick Chung isn't?  SMH.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

It’s the system? I don’t understand why they get so little production out of the receivers in that scheme. Aside from Moss, who has really been a receiver on the outside that has been an every down threat for them? Certainly no one that has been drafted and brought up in the system. 

I was also banging the drum for Harry. I feel like he is a huge talent and was the possession type receiver that the Bills offense needed. 

Every year I’m confused by the Patriots, and every year they win another ring. SMH

Of course, it’s one of the few things they’ve gotten wrong. But they’ve inarguably gotten it wrong. 

56 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Was Zay really known as a constested catch guy in college? Funny because he's yet to make a single one as a pro.

46 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's still ridiculous that he was allowed to return, much less after 2 games missed from an "indefinite suspension." 

And Dodson gets played on the commish's exemption list but Patrick Chung isn't?  SMH.

This^^^^

I thought that penalties were supposed to get increasingly severe for each transgression?  Then again, look no further than who he plays for.....

16 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Was Zay really known as a constested catch guy in college? Funny because he's yet to make a single one as a pro.

Here's the scouting report on him:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/zay-jones?id=2557863

All-time FBS receptions leader. Hands catcher outside the hashes and snatches it away from his frame. Swallows ball into his frame to protect it when working over the middle. Tape shows a willingness to run head-first into traffic and make the tough catch when hit is imminent. Can win all day when it comes to finishing catches at the high point.

Play speed is very average. Lacks vertical push to force cornerbacks to open and run early and doesn't have second gear to separate from coverage down the field. Thin frame. Struggles to find clean releases against press coverage due to play strength and foot quickness. High-volume production helped by high percentage of short throws and wide receiver screens. Sticky out of breaks and unable to shake tight coverage.

N'Keal Harry's scouting report actually reads pretty smiliar:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/n'keal-harry?id=32194841-5265-4593-d716-d972ec2d4468

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the scouting report on him:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/zay-jones?id=2557863

N'Keal Harry's scouting report actually reads pretty smiliar:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/n'keal-harry?id=32194841-5265-4593-d716-d972ec2d4468

Your first quote hasn't shown up;  your second quote is more true than a Josh Allen bucket pass.