Only keeping three running backs seems odd. Another signing at that position coming?

Logic

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Has McDermott, in his time in Buffalo, EVER just had three running backs on the roster? 

If I'm not mistaken, in the first two seasons, he had five and four running backs, respectively, not counting Pat DiMarco.

I thought this was one of the weirdest cutdown day decisions. I'm surprised either Murphy or Perry didn't stick for special teams work and a "break glass in case of emergency" option.

I can't help but wonder if Buffalo will look to add a player at this position in the next 48 hours.

I don’t think we ever had 5 plus a fb

56 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I see us having 3.5 RBs with way they use Isaiah McKenzie in sweeps, etc. but hope he has spent a lot of time making sure he does not drop ball.

Plus a call to Marcus Murphy (if necessary) would get him in OBD probably overnight.

I haven't been following twitter or anything but it wouldn't surprise me if they told Murphy to stay around town.

He's what I would imagine is the sweet spot kinda' player to do that with...........too experienced for PS and not good enough to draw attention from the rest of the league........but proven decent here and knows the system.

Maybe PSE has a job for him.

In the old days they would have a couple guys like that and they would tell to get jobs and wait for the call back when the inevitable injuries hit............I remember former TE Sheldon Jackson pumping gas in OP waiting for the call back in the day.:lol: 

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Has McDermott, in his time in Buffalo, EVER just had three running backs on the roster? 

If I'm not mistaken, in the first two seasons, he had five and four running backs, respectively, not counting Pat DiMarco.

I thought this was one of the weirdest cutdown day decisions. I'm surprised either Murphy or Perry didn't stick for special teams work and a "break glass in case of emergency" option.

I can't help but wonder if Buffalo will look to add a player at this position in the next 48 hours.

...good call...we got caught short with injuries to Murphy and Jones, as well as Shady's sometimes hammy......Ford got pressed into service.....Wade is #11 exempt (see ya in 2020) and can't count DiMarco as an integral offensive piece (on the "FOR List"; For Other Reasons)....I did like the Murphy kid...so what gives?............