Only keeping three running backs seems odd. Another signing at that position coming?

Logic

Has McDermott, in his time in Buffalo, EVER just had three running backs on the roster? 

If I'm not mistaken, in the first two seasons, he had five and four running backs, respectively, not counting Pat DiMarco.

I thought this was one of the weirdest cutdown day decisions. I'm surprised either Murphy or Perry didn't stick for special teams work and a "break glass in case of emergency" option.

I can't help but wonder if Buffalo will look to add a player at this position in the next 48 hours.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's probably because both Gore and Singletary are very durable. Gore only missed 2 games in the past 6 seasons, and I can't find anything on Singletary as far as injury's go. So with that in mind, why have 4 or 5, when all you really need are these 2.

49 minutes ago, Logic said:

Has McDermott, in his time in Buffalo, EVER just had three running backs on the roster? 

If I'm not mistaken, in the first two seasons, he had five and four running backs, respectively, not counting Pat DiMarco.

I thought this was one of the weirdest cutdown day decisions. I'm surprised either Murphy or Perry didn't stick for special teams work and a "break glass in case of emergency" option.

I can't help but wonder if Buffalo will look to add a player at this position in the next 48 hours.

make way for Wade.

I gotta admit that when I saw we were keeping 5 TEs and 3 RBs, I was stunned.  Especially when Shady wasn't one of the RBs. 

When we had so many talented backs, why not keep more than 3?   When we had so few talented TEs - and we often line up without even 1 TE on the field - why not keep less than 5? 

Of course, Croom - who we were keeping - was quickly put on IR and it started to make a little  more sense.  But I'm not sure I fully understand yet what Beane and McD are up to.