Buffalo's three players claimed ranks among the most in the NFL

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...hard to remember in recent memory when our cuts attracted interest......thinkin' McBeane, McDermott and company are pretty good.....

Definitely be more overall talent than I can remember this offseason...

• Like (+1) 1

To me, it all revolves around Josh Allen. I could be the president of his fan club. I think he is the real deal.  But regarding the rest of the roster, I think people are over estimating the talent.  The fact that the gap from John Brown and Cole Beasley and Zay Jones down to Ray Ray McCloud may not mean McCloud is a great asset for a team.  It might mean that the Bills starting WR's are pretty mediocre by NFL standards. Same with the Oline.  The confusion results in part from the Bills having an historically bad oline and receiver group last year.  But the 2019 Bills won't be playing the 2018 Bills, so that doesn't really matter.  When I line up the talent against the top teams in the AFC, it is not clear to me that we are that great.  But maybe middling.  I guess middling is a step in the right direction. But given the salary cap rules, I am not sure middling is a huge accomplishment.  

21 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Definitely be more overall talent than I can remember this offseason...

...back in 2015 while living in Cleveland (and commuting back to Rochester) when my late wife underwent double lung transplant at the Cleveland Clinic, the Marriott I was staying at happened to be the same one used by the Browns....got to met a ton of youngsters who were rooks, tryout invitees, etc  in for minis and OTA's...what a humble and respectful bunch...."good morning Sir....good afternoon SIR.....thank you Sir.." etc; limo bus picked them up at ^AM and returned at 6PM daily...was a real, REAL bummer to see long faces come back who were cut....sitting outside with them the following morning while they waited for rides was pretty tough.....could only wish them the best at their next stop....will never forget the experience...

Just now, TC in St. Louis said:

What's the big difference?  The Bills cut them and they signed with a new team.  I thought the point was that the team is developing a lot of players that are desirable to other teams.  

Claiming a player requires a much bigger commitment than signing a player after they clear waivers.  First, you lose your priorty in waiver order. Second you have to put the player on the 53 man roster. 

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...back in 2015 while living in Cleveland (and commuting back to Rochester) when my late wife underwent double lung transplant at the Cleveland Clinic, the Marriott I was staying at happened to be the same one used by the Browns....got to met a ton of youngsters who were rooks, tryout invitees, etc  in for minis and OTA's...what a humble and respectful bunch...."good morning Sir....good afternoon SIR.....thank you Sir.." etc; limo bus picked them up at ^AM and returned at 6PM daily...was a real, REAL bummer to see long faces come back who were cut....sitting outside with them the following morning while they waited for rides was pretty tough.....could only wish them the best at their next stop....will never forget the experience...

Wow man, that’s crazy. First and foremost, sorry about your wife ?. Secondly, that’s a heck of an experience. You kind of forget about the human side of it. We’re all on here saying, “that guy sucks, cut him!” But you forget that they’re men, providing for their families too.

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

Wow man, that’s crazy. First and foremost, sorry about your wife ?. Secondly, that’s a heck of an experience. You kind of forget about the human side of it. We’re all on here saying, “that guy sucks, cut him!” But you forget that they’re men, providing for their families too.

....EXACTLY and thank you my friend...my "up close and personal" experiences certainly soured me on the "he sucks" diatribes people post without thinking......these are kids chasing THEIR dream and were heartbroken upon release.........how could you ever hope for failure?.....glad I could share a rewarding experience.....:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, KGun12TD said:

Speaks volume on what Beane and McD are doing here. They’ve taken some small steps that will create big impact.

i feel great about this team and can’t wait till we start winning!

Now all depends on how Josh Allen matures as a player

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

Now all depends on how Josh Allen matures as a player

...need to seriously temper the kid's mindset to carry the team on his shoulders......sure he's a blue collar gamer with brass bawls about his desire to win...could NOT hope for a better mindset and worker bee attitude....quote I read was, "OUR team and OUR family"....think McBeane addressed the offense with only Allen and Dawkins as returning starters...sure as hell need the kid to be the long term franchise QB versus a short term exit on a gurney........