Buffalo's three players claimed ranks among the most in the NFL

HOUSE

1. Buffalo's three players claimed ranks among the most in the NFL

The Bills had three players claimed off of waivers on Sunday. Deon Lacey, Ray-Ray McCloud and Ryan Lewis will all report to new teams.

Lacey will head to Miami, McCloud to Carolina and Lewis to Indianapolis.

Only the New England Patriots (4) and the Los Angeles Rams (5) had more players claimed off waivers.

Buffalo did not claim any players off of waivers for themselves.

(...)

Buffalo is still filling out its practice quad and expects to have it filled soon after players are able to come in and pass physicals.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-buffalo-s-three-players-claimed-ranks-among-the-most-in-the-nfl

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
too much of original article included

4 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

When you consider the trades of Teller and Bodine for picks and Shady getting signed by KC, we had 59 players on our team this offseason who are on NFL rosters today. 

Unfortunately not one of those guys can consistently punt the football over 30 yards. I’d say the punter is not an NFL starter.

20 minutes ago, KGun12TD said:

Speaks volume on what Beane and McD are doing here. They’ve taken some small steps that will create big impact.

i feel great about this team and can’t wait till we start winning!

Unfortunately we had the back end depth but are missing a few of the elite guys they have. Hopefully a few dudes step up and show they are those players though. 

• Like (+1) 1

Shareece Wright

After starting five games in 2018 for the Houston Texans, Wright is one of the more appealing corners on the market. He recorded five pass breakups and 32 tackles in 2018. Wright started five games for the Bills in 2017 and would be a familiar face in the locker room and would be a good plug-and-play player to have if needed.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yep.

Just no real stand out players on the roster. At the moment a bunch of average-solid/good players..... players like Edmunds, Tre White, and Josh Allen can change that. 

Yup.  I think you can argue tre is there but Edmonds, Allen, Oliver, would be the keys. With Oliver, Hughes befitting with a top season is another. 

The potential is there though 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Yep.

Just no real stand out players on the roster. At the moment a bunch of average-solid/good players..... players like Edmunds, Tre White, and Josh Allen can change that. 

I would not sell Singletary and Oliver short because they are rookies.  I would not be surprised if both are stars as rookies. 

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

With the Bills mentioned third behind the two Super Bowl teams a year ago, it feels kind of good. 

add Leshaun McCoy and the two players we traded, Teller and Bodine and a total of 6 of our players from the pre-season are now with other teams.  

#leadingtheleague

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

I would not sell Singletary and Oliver short because they are rookies.  I would not be surprised if both are stars as rookies. 

I could see Singletary before Oliver for a couple of reasons. Singletary’s position and the fact he will be the leader of carries. I think Oliver will be a Star in the league but a Dline man usually takes more time to get the recognition.

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I could see Singletary before Oliver for a couple of reasons. Singletary’s position and the fact he will be the leader of carries. I think Oliver will be a Star in the league but a Dline man usually takes more time to get the recognition.

Oliver and Devin White appear to be everyone's defensive rookie of the year candidates.  We will see.