Dolphins Head coach Brian Flores 'wouldn't disrespect the game' by tanking

HOUSE

13 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I’m still shocked at what they pulled on the Texans. 

Kenny Stills is not good. He’s a decent enough player, but he’s not a game breaker. And Tunsil hasn’t done a thing yet in the league. He’s big and strong and has good technique, but he’s not 2 1sts good and $50 million in guaranteed money good. 

Soon enough, the NFL will look more like the NBA. 

They pry threw in Kenny Stills because of his criticism of Stephen Ross.  As long as they have a hard salary cap the NFL won't look like the NBA.

Edited by Doc Brown

16 hours ago, HOUSE said:
Image result for brian flores

Maybe the Dolphins know things no one else does. Or maybe the term tanking just rubs first-year coach Brian Flores the wrong way.

The Miami coach, offering what has become the company line despite parting ways with most of its veteran talent this offseason, reiterated Sunday that the team isn't actively looking to lose in 2019.

"This game means a lot to me," he said, per Adam H. Beasley of the Miami Herald. "I wouldn't disrespect the game with that. Again, no, we're not. We're going to try to win every game. I think that's disrespectful to even to say that. ... It's disheartening to hear people talk about it, to even say that. For a guy who respects the game as much as the game has done for me, when people say that, it's extremely sad."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001046023/article/brian-flores-wouldnt-disrespect-the-game-by-tanking

Well your management does. Have fun!!

16 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Shut the ***** up and be truthful for once. It's Ike they think the fans are stupid... 

I personally would love for them to be just good enough. That way they need to trade the world just to move up.

Cant say it publicly

16 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

“I wouldn’t disrespect the game with that. Again, no, we’re not. We’re going to try to win every game. "

In fairness - there's a difference between tanking the off-season, and tanking the regular season.

Flores appears to be taking a narrow definition that only refers to how hard they will try to win (with the roster they have) during the season.

It's the reporter's fault for not grasping that and following up.

Btw - I think this was absolutely the right move for the Fish - they've had a good look at Rosen, and it was probably obvious to them he's not the answer at QB - so they need to get their franchise QB thought the draft - either next year or 2021.  This sets them up very well to try for that.

Miami got a lot of good value - Houston is going to regret this trade - horribly if Watson gets hurt (yet again).  Not having a GM to balance the Head Coach is bad.

Glad Trevor Lawrence isnt available, i would be ill if he went there. Probably goes to the Pats after Brady retires. :cry:

15 hours ago, Steptide said:

I actually think they'll pull out a few games with Fitz, but I don't see them winning more than 2 or 3 games at most. Then again, the jets were supposed to be the worst team in the NFL a few years ago and they won 6 games, so who knows 

Poor Fitz. Would like to see him on a winning team. If im him im asking for a trade to the Colts.

As others have said, players & coaches don't tank, but management does.  When management puts together a really bad roster the guys on the field & on the sidelines can try as hard as they want and they'll still get their butts kicked all season.

The sport that tanking has worked best at recently is baseball.  Teams like the Astros & Cubs stripped the major league talent down to nothing, lost over 100 games & a few years later were World Champions.  Nobody ever accused a player or manager of tanking but they all knew they were in for a long season when they looked around and didn't see much talent in the locker room.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Orchard has been released by 4 other teams--a total of 5 teams in 5 years (including the BILLS).  4 teams have released him in less than 12 months! 

He wasn't their "top pass rusher" as he's only been with the team since May.  He sucks.  

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Orchard has been released by 4 other teams--a total of 5 teams in 5 years (including the BILLS).  4 teams have released him in less than 12 months! 

He wasn't their "top pass rusher" as he's only been with the team since May.  He sucks.  

Right. Who is their top pass rusher?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The dolphins beat reporter was the one who said he was their top pass rusher, not Sal. Sal was lamenting the fact that he was referred to as their top pass rusher. 

Yeah but it's not true.  He could have corrected the beat writer instead of lamenting this as evidence of a tank.

Lazy.

On 9/2/2019 at 12:02 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’ll take that bet. 

Football is different than other sports.  You can’t just go half speed and without guaranteed contracts, players are going to play hard.  I’m sure there will be stupid posts about Miami losing to Alabama, but this team has nfl talent and it would be stupid to overlook him.  Fitz on the Jets were supposed to be terrible and they won 10 games.  

Sabres related. Miami’s GM is former Sabre’s great Mike Grier’s brother. 

so how bout that bet?