LeSean McCoy thanks Bills’ fans, says he’s excited to be back with Andy Reid

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Classy response despite how it went down and good to see he's not angry.  But he did land in a better situation, albeit for a few million less.

My contention is Beane did him a solid by cutting instead of trading for 7th/6th or whathaveyou. Like in this particular situation, it costs McCoy some $ but lets him continue his career on his own terms. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HOUSE said:

He is thanking Rex Ryan?   hummmmm

2016 was either the best season of his career or the second best depending on how much you value the volume of carries. 

Things haven't been so good for him under McDermott but he's handled it well after the humbling of the offseason following 2015.

Can't imagine the 2015 McCoy being traded to the McDennison offense and not going ballistic by midseason.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

2016 was either the best season of his career or the second best depending on how much you value the volume of carries. 

Things haven't been so good for him under McDermott but he's handled it well after the humbling of the offseason following 2015.

Can't imagine the 2015 McCoy being traded to the McDennison offense and not going ballistic by midseason.

...so kudos to Wrecks?...seriously?...um ok......should do better to hide your luvfest for McBeane & McDermott...SMH......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so kudos to Wrecks?...seriously?...um ok......should do better to hide your luvfest for McBeane & McDermott...SMH......

It's actually OK to give credit where it's due.

I was no Rex fan but bringing in Roman and Lynn gave us the best offense we've seen since the SB era...........they will never have a running game like that again, IMO.........that was a thing of beauty.

Didn't like Marrone either but bringing in Pettine in Schwartz was good..........they went from unfathomably bad at times on defense under Chan to a very fun and effective defense that excelled at hitting the QB under Marrone.

And Chan himself brought some offensive competence to the mess that Jauron left..........and so forth.

I've given credit to McBeane when due........but some people like yourself are all-in or all-hate..........if McBeane fail and get fired after this year then two years from now you will be crediting them for nothing they've done and they will have surely done some things well. 

• Like (+1) 2

So I just saw Avengers!!! I’m glad we cut him!!! ?

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

It's actually OK to give credit where it's due.

I was no Rex fan but bringing in Roman and Lynn gave us the best offense we've seen since the SB era...........they will never have a running game like that again, IMO.........that was a thing of beauty.

Didn't like Marrone either but bringing in Pettine in Schwartz was good..........they went from unfathomably bad at times on defense under Chan to a very fun and effective defense that excelled at hitting the QB under Marrone.

And Chan himself brought some offensive competence to the mess that Jauron left..........and so forth.

I've given credit to McBeane when due........but some people like yourself are all-in or all-hate..........if McBeane fail and get fired after this year then two years from now you will be crediting them for nothing they've done and they will have surely done some things well. 

I agree with this.  It’s like Bills fans are so desperate for a good team, they are ready to anoint anything as a “God.”  Josh Allen 52% passer = the right Josh.  McBeane trades a o linemen for 6th round pick = God. McDermott makes the playoffs thanks to Andy Dalton = God

its ok to want to see actually good teams (or at least ones that don’t have negative point differential) take the field before calling someone a God.  We deserved it but that playoff team was one of the worst in modern history.  We still have not seen a good football team under McBeane.  This is a huge year.  Get us to 9-7 and better, I’ll be at their church. 

55 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I agree with this.  It’s like Bills fans are so desperate for a good team, they are ready to anoint anything as a “God.”  Josh Allen 52% passer = the right Josh.  McBeane trades a o linemen for 6th round pick = God. McDermott makes the playoffs thanks to Andy Dalton = God

its ok to want to see actually good teams (or at least ones that don’t have negative point differential) take the field before calling someone a God.  We deserved it but that playoff team was one of the worst in modern history.  We still have not seen a good football team under McBeane.  This is a huge year.  Get us to 9-7 and better, I’ll be at their church. 

And unfortunately the other part of the desperation to feel that everything is NOW good is the need to diminish the work of everyone that came before the current regime.

The Bills problem hasn't been utter incompetence across the board the past 20 years..........its been:

A) No QB(mostly due to poor effort and evaluation) 

B) FO and coaching that don't evaluate and coach BOTH sides of the ball well........though most have done well with at least the offense OR the defense.

Right now McBeane still fall into that category.   Their offenses have been reprehensible.

Hopefully Allen is the guy and hopefully if he is they don't make the mistake of short changing him at the skill positions the way their previous employer did with Cam Newton for the first 5 years of his career.

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills problem hasn't been utter incompetence across the board the past 20 years..........its been:

A) No QB(mostly due to poor effort and evaluation) 

B) FO and coaching that don't evaluate and coach BOTH sides of the ball well........though most have done well with at least the offense OR the defense.

Right now McBeane still fall into that category.   Their offenses have been reprehensible.

True, but in their first year, they inherited a dismal offense, and in spite of that, McD rode the defense to a playoff spot.

Their second year was the start of a rebuild with a rookie QB and limited weapons.

On paper, at least, they've taken great strides in improving the offense. I agree that it's too soon to crown them since we haven't seen the results yet, but it's safe to say that they've taken a logical, methodical approach to building a winner. We haven't seen that at OBD for a long time.

4 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Nice highlight reel. On that last play, I got the feeling that it was supposed to be a flea flicker, but Shady saw space and went for the run instead.

I think it was just a fake reverse and he simply spun out of getting killed 

6 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

True, but in their first year, they inherited a dismal offense, and in spite of that, McD rode the defense to a playoff spot.

Their second year was the start of a rebuild with a rookie QB and limited weapons.

On paper, at least, they've taken great strides in improving the offense. I agree that it's too soon to crown them since we haven't seen the results yet, but it's safe to say that they've taken a logical, methodical approach to building a winner. We haven't seen that at OBD for a long time.

No they inherited the best offense the team had since the SB era.

Thru 2016 Bills were 7th in the NFL in scoring and had turned the ball over less than any team ever thru 15 games and for the second straight season they lead the NFL in rushing by a wide margin.

And did all of that with their top WR Watkins missing much of the season and hampered for all of it.

They also set the franchise single game offensive yardage record in week 15 against the Dolphins........a game lost by a terrible Dan Carpenter miss.

It was most certainly not a dismal offense that Lynn left behind.

McDermott came in and canned the Roman/Lynn scheme........they didn't retain Woods but Watkins was coming back healthy so there wasn't really any good excuse for the massive drop-off other than incompetence.......but poor decisions were made.........they added zero offensive talent(Zay was a bad draft pick) and then tried to fix the loss of Watkins by trading for KB(massive fail) and Rico tried to force his system on an OL that couldn't execute it.  

It was very much the offensive equivalent of what Rex did to the Schwartz defense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Do you think he even read it before posting or his agent just said can I toss something up and he said yes? 

Well we wouldn’t own his rights next year, unless you think a tag and trade for a 32 year old was the plan 

I think there is a template out there for when you leave Buffalo, always mention how great the fans are. 

• Haha (+1) 1