QB Davis Webb - Meet Bills New #3 QB

StHustle

17 hours ago, StHustle said:

We have our practice squad QB (at least for now)

*The Giants 3rd Round draft pick a few years back out of Texas Tech.

*Most recently a member of the Jets but got cut yesterday.

*Big 6'5" 230 pound dude (looks even bigger in image below)

*Seems the knock on him is decision making but has the tools.

The Beaner feels he is an upgrade to Jackson so I'll roll with it...

refer to caption

Draft Profile

College Highlights

Don't want to burst anybody's bubble but he has looked awful this preseason.

Just now, Bruce Harper said:

Don't want to burst anybody's bubble but he has looked awful this preseason.

Worse than Tyree?

If so then the move was purely based on gaining intel with no real confidence he will be developed. Always nice to have a scout team QB who knows the other teams playbook.

15 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I liked him a lot coming out of Cal.  He has all the tools and seems to be a great leader.   The one thing I did notice when watching him in college is the avalanche of bad decisions.  Once he starts making bad plays they dont stop.   

He was a system QB at Cal.  I saw most of their games that season.

10 hours ago, ColeB said:

He was a system QB at Cal.  I saw most of their games that season.

All quarterbacks are technically system quarterbacks.   Baker Mayfield threw a ton of 3-5 yard passes with the Sooners.  Just depends on how they play when they get into a new system.   It's hard to tell what a quarterback will be once they change offenses.  

On 9/1/2019 at 11:39 PM, TigerJ said:

I don't see why he wouldn't go through the season on the PS.  He's comparable in quality to the rest of the young guys that are available.  He has a decent arm and is reasonably athletic (though not a scrambler).  The Bills need to have a PS QB if they don't have a third QB on the 53 man roster.  Just because he has some familiarity with the Jets and Giants doesn't mean there aren't other good reasons to keep him. 

Counterpoint - It's very strange for a guy with this much talent (drafted as a 3rd rounder) to be bouncing from team to team so early in his career. 

Does morality play into how much information we should be expecting to garner from Davis Webb on the Jets? 

And what if, just what If, Davis is actually acting as a double agent in this instance? 

Oh what a tangled *Webb* we weave... 

Edited by Beane/Allen