Week One: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, 5 Wide said:

Only problem I find is that 7PM is the 4am of day drinking

that's the best part!  throw down an early dinner, go into an alcohol induced food coma and get a full nights sleep.

if you're on vacation; rinse & repeat (chase that hangover!)

if it's the end of a weekend; pop two aspirin and go to work

when my buddies come down for a dive trip we always have a couple of days carved out for day drinking on the beach, then we shift to afternoon dive boats (in the keys the boat schedules are 9am and 1pm) and our dive profile is set depending on how hard we hit it the day before :)

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Say When... said:

that's the best part!  throw down an early dinner, go into an alcohol induced food coma and get a full nights sleep.

if you're on vacation; rinse & repeat (chase that hangover!)

if it's the end of a weekend; pop two aspirin and go to work

when my buddies come down for a dive trip we always have a couple of days carved out for day drinking on the beach, then we shift to afternoon dive boats (in the keys the boat schedules are 9am and 1pm) and our dive profile is set depending on how hard we hit it the day before :)

sweet name and avi...welcome aboard

what part of the keys?

We win if we stay alert and don’t have lapses in concentration.

Bills 31 jets 17 

Go Bills!!!

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So would we expect Trumaine Johnson to line up against John Brown?  Trumaine from what I heard has lost speed and gives a big cushion because he's afraid of getting beat over the top.  This is what I would expect to be our mismatch on the outside.

No, no way.  I expect that they'll put Darryl Roberts on Brown since he's the only guy that they have who's sub-4.4 and has decent recovery speed.

You can figure that they'll use inside combo coverages to try to limit Beasely; I sincerely doubt that they'll let Poole go 1-1 with him.  I'd expect that Adams will play an integral role in closing off space for Beasley to work inside.  My guess is that Trumaine draws Zay Jones or whoever is on the other boundary.  It would probably be a good idea to put Foster in several times and see if he can draw a 1-1 matchup with Trumaine, because that's a huge opportunity to smoke him deep.  I'd run mirror routes with Foster on a deep post and Brown on a fade. Assuming Maye has center-field duties, it's up to Josh to put him in conflict and get enough air under the ball.  Big opportunities in the deep passing game if we're willing to take our shots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

No, no way.  I expect that they'll put Darryl Roberts on Brown since he's the only guy that they have who's sub-4.4 and has decent recovery speed.

You can figure that they'll use inside combo coverages to try to limit Beasely; I sincerely doubt that they'll let Poole go 1-1 with him.  I'd expect that Adams will play an integral role in closing off space for Beasley to work inside.  My guess is that Trumaine draws Zay Jones or whoever is on the other boundary.  It would probably be a good idea to put Foster in several times and see if he can draw a 1-1 matchup with Trumaine, because that's a huge opportunity to smoke him deep.  I'd run mirror routes with Foster on a deep post and Brown on a fade. Assuming Maye has center-field duties, it's up to Josh to put him in conflict and get enough air under the ball.  Big opportunities in the deep passing game if we're willing to take our shots.

Do you take Brown if you see him singled up against Roberts?

Maybe this is a game in which Zay plays only 50% of the snaps or so because of your Robert Foster statement.  

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you take Brown if you see him singled up against Roberts?

Maybe this is a game in which Zay plays only 50% of the snaps or so because of your Robert Foster statement.  

Really all depends upon the leverage that the deep safety is playing. Unless you're talking Ed Reed or Earl Thomas, there's a really good chance that--assuming the QB puts him in conflict early in the route--he's going to show his cards by turning his hips. At that point the ball comes out to whichever WR is on the other side.  It's most likely going to be the guy running the fade route because that corner has the sideline to help limit the WR's space, but defenders do funny things when the pressure is on.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So would we expect Trumaine Johnson to line up against John Brown?  Trumaine from what I heard has lost speed and gives a big cushion because he's afraid of getting beat over the top.  This is what I would expect to be our mismatch on the outside.

Good...then Brown can blow right by him...smoke em!

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The cornerback position is extremely weak for the Jets.  Johnson is not the only weak spot.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

sweet name and avi...welcome aboard

what part of the keys?

I have a condo in Key Largo, that's where we spend most of our time as it's cheaper than a hotel, but we'll head to Key West for a day and a half and chill at a hotel.

we don't do it as often as we have in the past, usually was 2 weeks in the early summer and the Sept/Oct timeframe (my opinion is the best time for diving down here)

3 years ago i moved to Florida from Los Angeles and haven't looked back, right now i'm as far south as you can get with the entrance to the keys being a mile away from my home.

10 minutes ago, Say When... said:

I have a condo in Key Largo, that's where we spend most of our time as it's cheaper than a hotel, but we'll head to Key West for a day and a half and chill at a hotel.

we don't do it as often as we have in the past, usually was 2 weeks in the early summer and the Sept/Oct timeframe (my opinion is the best time for diving down here)

3 years ago i moved to Florida from Los Angeles and haven't looked back, right now i'm as far south as you can get with the entrance to the keys being a mile away from my home.

Love it. We've been out of Pennekamp a few times,  we would rent a house for a week in the keys every year, alternating between Marathon and Islamorada, but haven't been back since the hurricane.

8 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

there is a distinct difference between fresh and game shape; hopefully they confuse the two and Bell blows his wad in the first half.

there's running, blocking, cutting and getting hit; he's done none of that in over 600 days.

• Like (+1) 3