Week One: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

The jests are going to be strong up the middle. Q. Williams was blowing everyone up from what I saw in the preseason. He is a freak show.

I’m not really too afraid of Darnold. He’s going to throw a pick or 2 and Poyer/Hyde will be lurking. If the Bills can keep the Williams brothers from consistently ruining the pocket, they’ll be 1-0. 

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Sounds like the Jets fans are expecting the Jets to put the Hotrod treatment on Josh. Make him be a QB.

Can't blame them. Aside from the last game of his rookie season Allen has shown nothing but terrible passing performances.

We think we know better because we're watching him closely and we know how hard he works and how much everyone likes him and how much the staff/organization/team is behind him and how much they invested in pieces around him this offseason. But no one knows for sure that it's going to result in improvement.

Until proven otherwise, opposing fans are going to assume that Allen can't consistently manage an NFL game by throwing the ball efficiently.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Funny comment about our run game considering it's Gore, Yeldon and Singletary and they barely seen them. Also no mention of our secondary. I hope Gase is thinking the same way.

You have to admit, it's not an intimidating list of RB's. And coming off a horrible season last year, our running game needs to prove it's good before people say it's good.

10 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

The sky will be falling if we lose this one right similar to 2012 when the Jets blew us out?

Dibs on making the "we would have won if Tyrod was our QB thread" if we lose

There’s no way it happens unless the offense turns it over which is certainly possible under any circumstances, but something that I do not see happening.

Frank, Brown, and Beasley are vets. They should be good to go. It’s really all on Allen to perform and he’s a gamer too. Just cant play hero ball, which idt he will. 

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

You have to admit, it's not an intimidating list of RB's. And coming off a horrible season last year, our running game needs to prove it's good before people say it's good.

I thought Gore played very well last year. Singletary is a rookie so they don't know if he's good or not. And the guy who wasn't good last year is gone.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I have no idea what is going to happen on Sunday.

I believe the Bills have a chance to be a playoff team this year.  I think the Jets are going to be a tough out every week too.  A lot of people on both sides are wearing their homer hats right now.  This game is going to answer a  lot of questions and there are going to be a whole bunch of disappointed people afterwards trying to figure out what went wrong.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

There’s no way it happens unless the offense turns it over which is certainly possible under any circumstances, but something that I do not see happening.

Frank, Brown, and Beasley are vets. They should be good to go. It’s really all on Allen to perform and he’s a gamer too. Just cant play hero ball, which idt he will. 

Agreed. That defense was atrocious. Only way we get blown out is Allen throwing pick after pick. I think that awful pick in preseason served as a reminder not to be careless. 

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I thought Gore played very well last year. Singletary is a rookie so they don't know if he's good or not. And the guy who wasn't good last year is gone.

We pretty much know what we have with Gore. Singletary has flashed some of what we expected, and Yeldon is Yeldon. I feel that Singletary will be ok, and he will make the adjustment to the NFL.

On 9/1/2019 at 3:54 PM, BarleyNY said:

Two fan bases are going to learn a lot about their teams in 2019 in this one. 

Yeah, the first game of the season always carries a certain amount of uncertainty.  The fact that the Jets have a complete new coaching staff and new systems on both offense and defense adds to the uncertainty.  We know Gase's tendencies and Gregg Williams' tendencies, but we really know nothing about how the Jets' players will take to those schemes.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Not going to try and predict the outcome of this game because I really have no idea what to expect from the Jets. We haven’t seen what their new schemes look like yet, or how well all the new additions fit in. 

I dont really know what to expect from the Bills either. It’s a new season with a lot of new additions. 

I definitely expect a tough game. Darnold looks legit and they have some pieces on defense. 

If you want to see what to expect from their offense, roll video of Gase’s Miami offense. Likewise, roll video of Williams’s defenses from whenever. There is no shortage of material and I’m sure that McD, Daboll, and Frazier won’t be surprised by anything they do situation wise. While they are familiar with our defensive personnel, they lack that familiarity with our offensive personnel and Daboll’s preferred schemes with it. We know their offensive personnel very well and Gase, with a worse offensive line than what he had in Miami, isn’t gonna have Bell doing anything different than what he had Ajai or any other RB run in Miami. 

Don’t get me wrong, I like Gase’s schemes, but he isn’t gonna sneak up on anybody. 

• Like (+1) 5