Week One: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

I expect the Bills to come out throwing and attack the perimeter of thee Jets defense  Jets are missing some pieces and Bills have advantage in continuity retaining their coaching staff  Think Bills sneak one out

Yep our game plan should be pass the ball as much as possible. Adams is their only DB that scares me. Their LBs are decent at stopping the run but can't cover.  Keep the pocket clean and pass like crazy. Should be a win IF we get the good Josh Allen. I think our defense will have a tougher time than people think. Darnold to Anderson is going to be a tough connection to stop. They're going to get their points. Offense will need to keep the pedal to the floor.

Edited by HappyDays

I can't wait to see this game...two teams that went QB in the 2018 Draft...both kind of projected in that same middle of the pack zone...I'm really looking forward to watching Josh Allen....I want to see what the whole operation looks like with the roster moves made to give Josh a better chance to perform.  I'm hoping he does well and I'll be rooting for a Bills win.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Our defense is too good. Bell has a decent day but our pressure forces a few Darnold ints. Offense is balanced and safe. 24-13 Buffalo 

bell fumbles twice. first from a hard hit from poyer. 2nd time from the beast himself, mr edmunds

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Nice, you contained your inner ####### until your second post of the season. That's pretty good restraint for a jests fan.

Who are you?

3 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yeah, same here. Hopefully we will be fighting for division titles again starting this year.  I am so ready for the end of the Patriots* reign. Time to let those fair weather fans wallow in the division cellar where they belong. I can’t wait to see all the fake fans abandon ship once the losing begins.

Respect

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, if you're gonna hang here, please read the TOS and understand our traditions:
https://tinyurl.com/78s7vh

Trust me, I do, might want to talk with some.of your posters, I havent violated the tos at all

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, if you're gonna hang here, please read the TOS and understand our traditions:
https://tinyurl.com/78s7vh

Lol, sorry, responded without clicking the link

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I’ll admit I’m nervous about this one for a few reasons...

1) Divisional Road game to open the season

2) I think Darnold is going to be very good.

3) Bell but also their other weapons. Enunwa, Anderson, and Crowder is a good trio of receivers.

4A) Our offensive line having enough chemistry and providing Allen with time to throw.

4B) Gregg Williams’ Defensive system putting pressure on Allen.

Reasons for Hope:

1) Our organization as a whole looks a lot more structurally sound. McDemott’s 3rd year, Allen has Daboll for 2nd year in a row. Defense returning 10-11 starters.

2) Jets cut a good kicker and then looking for a new kicker

3) Jets signed their starting center half way through camp, out of retirement.

4) Jets cut their 3rd Round Pick before the season starts,

5) Jets lost one of their key players to injury (Williamson) for the season to injury

6) Jets lost two players to suspension Copeland and Herndon. 

Overall I'm hopeful for a victory and think they’ve done a solid job putting together a competent, competitive roster. But I won’t be TOO disappointed if we lose week 1. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MassHog said:

Personally, I think it's hard to say Darnold is better than Allen. When you account for what Allen can do on the feet, i'd say based off last years numbers they're pretty even. 

Darnold had 18 touchdowns (including rushing) and 15 interceptions last year in 13 games. Josh Allen had 18 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 12 games. 

I really only see them being convincingly better than us at RB and Punter? WRs seem like a pretty even match up, as does Offensive Line since both teams have completely retooled their lines.  Jamal Adams may be a better player than Hyde and Poyer, but the tandem of Hyde and Poyer is better than Adams and Maye. Tre'Day is infinitely better than any corner on their team, our Linebackers are definitely better, and I think I would take Jerry Hughes over any pass rusher on their team. 

Right now Sam Darnold is better than Josh Allen. Sam is just as mobile as Allen he just doesn’t do it as often. Allen is bigger and he can get you the TD rushing in the red zone better than Darnold but right now as pure passer Darnold is better as he should be due to better private coaching up to this point. Long term Allen hopefully will be the better player

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2