Ray Ray Claimed by Panthers

Bag of Milk

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Back in 82, if coach woulda put me in the big meet, we'd have taken state; no doubt in my mind. Fastest relay baton handoff time in district history.

Crazy thing is one of the worst injuries I ever had in any sport happens in a relay race in high school.  Was smoking everyone (obviously ?) and blow out my hip.  Had to crawl to make the handoff and we finished in last. End of track for me after that. 

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Roscoe could track a deep ball.

how the mind works.
what was your 40 and 100 ?
i am sure everyone would beat me.

even oldman

Not sure of my 100 time but best I ever got in the 40 was 4.5 (and I was a slacker haha).  Physical ability was never my problem and the players I tend to not like are those types.  Effort is a skill.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. You did. He ran a 4.53 at 5'10 190(doubt that). While those are certainly unimpressive numbers, his tape says it all about his speed. Never once did he demonstrate the kind of explosion a player of his stature with his skill set would need in order to excel or stick in this league.

He's kind of like Roscoe Parrish minus the burst(the only aspect of Roscoe's game that had value).

Dude...

Shoot, a 4.53 is terrible 

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

Shoot, a 4.53 is terrible 

4.53 is not TERRIBLE, but it's bad for a guy with his skillset and size. I never saw any suddenness or burst. Am I missing something? Kind of a strange flex TBH. You think Ray Ray is gonna be a solid contributor somewhere or just quibbling with the word slow?

7 hours ago, rayray808 said:

I would bet cash that he catches at TD within the first 4 weeks of the season

It's a safer bet that he will first drop one that hits him right in his hands and that the Panthers will then collectively have their "Ohhh.....that's why" moment.

Good chance this could end up being a reverse Kaelin Clay situation.     Great practice squad player because he can simulate a good WR in practice.

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He would toast every single person here in a race..  and he doenst look that slow returning punts

Depends on what kind of race - bet I'd toast him in a snowboard race... :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I think from the Bills' perspective, he's close to a clone of Isaiah McKenzie, only McKenzie is a hair faster.  McCloud isnot slow.  I think the Bills hoped they could sneak Ray Ray on  to the PS.

Other than that fumbling problem McKenzie had which I hope he has corrected.