Dave Chappelle Sticks and Stones

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Anyone else catch this on Netflix?  IMO, absolutely hysterical and not politically correct at all, at all.  Dave is basically saying he doesn't give a bleep and throws down the gauntlet to the overly pc crowd.  Dave is my favorite comedian of all-time and everything he puts out is worth watching.  I suggest to everyone that likes great comedy to watch this.  Please ignore any bias articles telling you to skip it.  IMO those people just don't want to have to defend their point of view and Dave questions them hard.  It is easier to demonize Dave and tell people not to watch then to actually have to defend why you believe what you believe in.  

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
On 9/1/2019 at 11:50 AM, Marv's Neighbor said:

No doubt he's very funny but just hope he has his mind sh*t together now and does not just disappear again.

His ***** was together.  He simply felt he had enough money and didn't want to be a puppet for Viacom.  He turned down that $50 million from Viacom and ended up getting a 3 special $60 million dollar deal from Netflix.  He'll make more on his next deal.  All that and he was able to not have any obligations to some giant conglomerate and keep his artistic integrity.  He "disappeared" because he didn't want to answer questions from talentless media hacks and to do some self discovery.  So how crazy was he really?

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

5 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

His ***** was together.  He simply felt he had enough money and didn't want to be a puppet for Viacom.  He turned down that $50 million from Viacom and ended up getting a 3 special $60 million dollar deal from Netflix.  He'll make more on his next deal.  All that and he was able to not have any obligations to some giant conglomerate and keep his artistic integrity.  So how crazy was he really?

He explained all of this in his interview with Howard Stern.  Seems like the guy has a lot of integrity and pride in his craft.  I respect that.

Edit: His Baboon analogy.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/Iowub

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

His ***** was together.  He simply felt he had enough money and didn't want to be a puppet for Viacom.  He turned down that $50 million from Viacom and ended up getting a 3 special $60 million dollar deal from Netflix.  He'll make more on his next deal.  All that and he was able to not have any obligations to some giant conglomerate and keep his artistic integrity.  He "disappeared" because he din't want to answer questions from talentless media hacks and to do some self discovery.  So how crazy was he really?

OK, hindsight is 20/20 BUT, at the time he was showing all the marks of being not right.

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

It seems this new special is all about 'shock' value, he just takes the negative opinion on a bunch of things and uses that to try and get people riled up

It’s Chapelle though.    He has the power to say what others cannot because they are scared hacks.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

It’s Chapelle though.    He has the power to say what others cannot because they are scared hacks.  

It also helps that he isn't white, Netflix would never be able to put out a special where a white guy tells the audience he doesn't believe the people who claim to be molested by MJ actually were.....

I love the guy and will check out that special, so thanks for mentioning it.

But there are millions of working class Republicans on this board--you know, the Trump voters--who must absolutely despise Dave Chapelle.

Don't expect to see them in this thread, other than to take shots at him.

21 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

But there are millions of working class Republicans on this board--you know, the Trump voters--who must absolutely despise Dave Chapelle.

Wrong again. Somehow we have a hurricane thread and a Dave Chappelle thread, which a few boneheads managed to bring the president into. TDS must be a real affliction I suppose. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

What does Republican-Democrat have to do with it?

I laughed my ass off, as ever.

It’s not his job to be PC and he doesn’t even have to believe what he says... it just has to be funny. People take offense? Eff ‘em.

I think that’s why Dave chose to wear a military flight-suit. He’s going to war against everybody that has a preconceived notion of what comedy is and should be in this era.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Actually, I would think this special might make him a huge favorite to them and piss off the other side because of his comments on things. The stuff he says in the special seem to be more about saying what Conservatives want to or do say and get in trouble for

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Isn’t it the left that’s been attacking people the past 20 years for using the wrong word, claiming ‘hate speech’ or some such nonsense?   ?

• Thank you (+1) 5

3 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Anyone else catch this on Netflix?  IMO, absolutely hysterical and not politically correct at all, at all.  Dave is basically saying he doesn't give a bleep and throws down the gauntlet to the overly pc crowd.  Dave is my favorite comedian of all-time and everything he puts out is worth watching.  I suggest to everyone that likes great comedy to watch this.  Please ignore any bias articles telling you to skip it.  IMO those people just don't want to have to defend their point of view and Dave questions them hard.  It is easier to demonize Dave and tell people not to watch then to actually have to defend why you believe what you believe in.  

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The working class Republicans are the most likely to like this standup. Without a doubt. Google the special. Liberal rags are trying to cancel him.

Edit: Nevermind. I see you didn't watch yet. :lol: Have fun being triggered.

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Actually, I would think this special might make him a huge favorite to them and piss off the other side because of his comments on things. The stuff he says in the special seem to be more about saying what Conservatives want to or do say and get in trouble for

He's not saying what conservatives want, so much as using logic and common sense. It's amazing how much that's been lost recently in place of #feelings.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It was posted last week in PPP.  Maybe they responded there? ?‍♀️