Practice Squad Signings Thread

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Will be interesting to see how many Bills training camp players do they actually sign compared to outside players.

Also interesting to see how quickly Duke and Eddie Y get signed elsewhere.

Its always funny how people always predict after cuts that the Bills are going to sign all of their cuts to the PS, and then end up signing mostly other teams cuts with maybe a couple of their own

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I was thinking it is going to be more outsiders than people would think, like maybe six to four.

What about 25?

1 minute ago, One Buffalo said:

There you go, Bills fans rejoice!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Why elsewhere?

Well from the sounds of peoples expectations, there's no way these guys will ever clear waivers.  Likely the Pats will be all over them as they are ticket to the Super Bowl.

If they do clear, then yes will be interesting to see if the Bills sign them

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Like I said: Duke just didn't show enough in games for other teams to be hot after him.

The Bills, on the other hand, saw him in practice every day for 3 months. If they wanted him in the PS, they had the inside track all along.

Only 36 total players were claimed.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Like I said: Duke just didn't show enough in games for other teams to be hot after him.

The Bills, on the other hand, saw him in practice every day for 3 months. If they wanted him in the PS, they had the inside track all along.

I think it may also have to do with what is out there and what Duke wanted. He was probably told when cut yesterday that numbers wise they couldn't keep him over others but they really wanted him and he would be the first one brought up to fill a roster spot when one opens.

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I would fully agree 

I said this in another thread that they wanted both but only wanted 6 WR, and the only way to do that was to hope Williams cleared waivers. It worked out for them. As soon as an injury occurs to a WR (which inevitably will occur) he’ll be on the 53. See Robert Foster last year.

I believe that teams cannot officially sign players to the PS until 2pm today. The reports are for players who have agreed to sign with teams. There were a couple instances last year where players agreed to sign, and before they did other teams swooped in and offered more money or a better chance and that player burned the team he agreed to sign with and went elsewhere.

28 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Many are pointing out the demand for players waived by the Bills as a strength of the roster.  I think it's also a sign of good coaching as is the 4-0 preseason record.  The players at the bottom of the roster have been coached well and have performed better than the competition.  Coach McD and staff have created a culture where the right kind of players are brought in, get coached up and improve as players.  That happens top to bottom.  Trust the process.

Heretic.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2