Sunday 9/1 Cut /Waiver Update thread

11 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I don't know. If I was a team it would certainly be a factor in who I would sign. It wouldn't be the final determining factor. But if I'm down to a couple players and I feel one has a better shot to stolen. Then I'll take the safer option.

I think it was Vince Lombardi who once said, "We are going hard after players we don''t think are as good as others because maybe sometime in the future another team might have an injury and could want the better guy, so we don't want him. We are going hard after the crappier guy."

21 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I agree. But licklihood is another team will sign him to a 53 man roster before one of our RBs get hurt. Thats why its good to have a good under the radar RB on the PS. Don't have to worry about other teams. If we add Adams.... I think he would only be on practice squad for one or two weeks before another team has an injury and takes him off our team... Then we are stuck having to find another RB to add to PS

I find it hard to believe that in today's nfl  ANY player anywhere is 'under the radar'

9 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

He really should still be Quarterbacking the Bulls this year.

Poor kid got some really bad advice IMO.

I said the same in the other practice squad thread. Whoever gave him the advise to leave school and enter the draft did him a HUGE disservice. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Personally, I think it would be a better idea to use the exemption and give him a full year to learn the game of football, and then give him a legit chance to make the roster next year.

Wade just started learning the game of football for the first time in his life a few months ago. Guys were saying that he had to be taught things that they learned way back in their pop-Warner leagues. Even the most basic football concepts were new to him. He even said himself that people don’t realize just how little he knows about football. 

I think eh could benefit from a year on the practice squad more than most. 

If he needs it, he can take the full year on the regular PS.  At least being on the regular PS allows them to activate him this year if they think he's ready/in case of injury.  Plus I also think he's the Bills' property next year instead of becoming a FA.

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The fact that he's on our roster is more of a sign of how thin our group is rather than how good he is.

Uh no, he just happens to fill a role in Daboll's offense. He will be our 6th receiver but he will contribute on gadget plays. I would wager he scores at least 2 TDs this year.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

He really should still be Quarterbacking the Bulls this year.

Poor kid got some really bad advice IMO.

30 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I said the same in the other practice squad thread. Whoever gave him the advise to leave school and enter the draft did him a HUGE disservice. 

My theory with these guys is (and think it happens more in College basketball than football) early in the season they start hearing great things about themselves, high draft pick, whatever.  So they stop going to class, doing homework, etc.  By the time they realize their dream isn't going to happen, they are so far behind and likely marginal academically to start with, they can never catch up so their only choice is to leave for the pros as if they stuck around, likely would be ineligible the following year anyway.

If you follow SU basketball think that may have been Grants problem a few years back.  He started out the season, people were touting him as a 1st round pick.  By February not doing very well, but too late then to recover school wise, so he declared.

• Like (+1) 2