If you were an opposing NFL GM which Bills would u...

KingRex

go after?

Shady of course.

However, I think we will likely see these players become fixtures on other teams

Duke Williams (I think he should have won a job here as we are missing a go-to WR redzone battle winner)

Eddie Yarbourough (convinced me with his standout performance against MN)

Marcus Murphy (WHEN Gore'36 year old body goes down we will really miss Shady)

5 hours ago, KingRex said:

go after?

Shady of course.

However, I think we will likely see these players become fixtures on other teams

Duke Williams (I think he should have won a job here as we are missing a go-to WR redzone battle winner)

Gore seems to be just fine...he is in better shape than most guys 15 years younger

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, KingRex said:

go after?

Shady of course.

I think the TEs will be big end-zone targets and make the same plays that Williams made in the pre-season.  Also, being the 7th WR he is unlikely to be active on game day.  So no big deal other than trying to develop him to become a #3 or #4 WR for next year (or for injuries)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I think the TEs will be big end-zone targets and make the same plays that Williams made in the pre-season.  Also, being the 7th WR he is unlikely to be active on game day.  So no big deal other than trying to develop him to become a #3 or #4 WR for next year (or for injuries)

I think you are right. We will see more TE sets at the endzone. Good point 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Yeah, this is a good point to consider, thanks.

6 hours ago, KingRex said:

go after?

Shady of course.

Without even looking at other rosters, I would bet every GM has players they cut who are similar in talent to guys like WIlliams, Yarbrough and Murphy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Without even looking at other rosters, I would bet every GM has players they cut who are similar in talent to guys like WIlliams, Yarbrough and Murphy.

Very true!

Thought maybe they would have kept Yarbourgh and who knows what will happen if he's not signed, does he end up back here or even if signed elsewhere all of a sudden a team loses to LB's so they need to sign someone and the extra DE, Yarbourgh gets released and we re-sign him down the road.

As far to as his performance against the Vikes, yes he did stand out, but with and against probably over 50% of the players who like him are now out of a job

7 hours ago, KingRex said:

go after?

Shady of course.

Gore is not the back he was 10 years ago but he is unlikely to get hurt- unless we try to run him 25 times a game. I agree with the rest of your post though- I wish we had kept Williams

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I would have Kept Yarborough and Williams. 

I would have made a way to keep Shady and or Murphy in the roster as well. If that meant going without Lee Smith and Dimarco, that would have been my choice. 

...agree...Eddie is a grinder and good depth guy........

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agree...Eddie is a grinder and good depth guy........

Well, luckily, Williams made it to the practice squad. Hopefully he can grind it out and continue to progress. 

Hopefully Yarborough doesn’t get picked up either. I’m sure within 1-2 weeks, we’ll have some injuries and be able to bring these guys up from the PS or in Eddies case, just get him back on the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Marcus Murphy could not block, not even a little bit, that was his undoing. 

...so entering year 57 of following this club and the NFL, admittedly no smarter than year 1, why the hell would a RB NOT focus on his blocking skills knowing that it would  define an "all around back" and prolong his career longevity?...did I miss the memo??...........

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so entering year 57 of following this club and the NFL, admittedly no smarter than year 1, why the hell would a RB NOT focus on his blocking skills knowing that it would  define an "all around back" and prolong his career longevity?...did I miss the memo??...........

He may have worked on his blocking and still not got there.  Last year his pass blocking was atrocious, he had a hard time even chipping a pass rusher and flaring out to a safety valve.  

Pretty decent runner.  

• Like (+1) 1