McCoy to Chiefs

mykidsdad

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Coaches come and go, Players come and go. It’s a business. But it’s not always easy. 

I will root for shady to get his 12k

it is a business but you can get a sense that it hit pretty hard from this interview. you have to wonder how it affects the trust in an organization/GM when you never see it coming, especially a week before the season opens. just seems Beane should of done it sooner, especially after he told the media and even had shady himself feeling confident he would be here in 2019.

it's a business for sure, but it seems like, at least in this situation, that it's a cut throat business for sure. 

I'll be rooting for him as well.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it is a business but you can get a sense that it hit pretty hard from this interview. you have to wonder how it affects the trust in an organization/GM when you never see it coming, especially a week before the season opens. just seems Beane should of done it sooner, especially after he told the media and even had shady himself feeling confident he would be here in 2019.

it's a business for sure, but it seems like, at least in this situation, that it's a cut throat business for sure. 

I'll be rooting for him as well.

I believe they cut him to avoid a sticky situation during the season when Devin's reps started going up and Shady's started going down. But they can't make that move until they are comfortable Devin can carry the load both physically & mentally. Letting Shady catch on to a team now is better on all accounts than if it all went south and they had to do it mid-season. In Beane's defense he can only tell it the way he currently sees it. He can't say Shady is our man unless Devin is showing signs he's ready to take on that role.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t see the Chiefs game, but Shady is on my fantasy team and saw he had 81 yards. Anyone watch? 

I checked in on it. Shady ran plays with the same terminology from when he played with Reid in Philly (mostly, counters). In those plays, he looked fast and shifty.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t see the Chiefs game, but Shady is on my fantasy team and saw he had 81 yards. Anyone watch? 

I saw a highlight reel of all his carries today on a yahoo article. Looked like he busted off two nice runs with wide open gaping holes and otherwise had some 1 or 2-yard runs. That’s not to bash the guy (since I am still rooting for him)— just what I saw.