McCoy to Chiefs

mykidsdad

Just now, Zerovoltz said:

KC traded Dee Ford, released Justin Houston and Eric Berry.Hired a new D coordinator   Switched to the 4-3.  Signed Tyran Matthieu, Bashaud Breeland, Okafor, Devin Wilson, traded for Frank Clark and drafted Juan Thornhill who all will start.  Six new starters, new coordinator, new scheme, but nationally I keep reading how the Chiefs did nothing and the D is still horrible.  

Mahomes and the scheme make our our line look better than it actually is.  We have a very good RT.  A serviceable LT and JAGs on the interior line.  It’s a very poor line when you want a yard by trying to move people or run straight ahead.  Protecting against interior pass rush also poor.

See above.  Spent a ton of money on d.  Had more money spent in D the last few years than the O.  Offense still young and working in cheap rookie deals for Hill, Mahomes, 

We’ll see, just like the Bills will see with their retooled offense.  My guess is the Chiefs will fold just like Reid teams ultimately do every year.  Just a question of how far they get before it happens.

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

KC traded Dee Ford, released Justin Houston and Eric Berry.Hired a new D coordinator   Switched to the 4-3.  Signed Tyran Matthieu, Bashaud Breeland, Okafor, Devin Wilson, traded for Frank Clark and drafted Juan Thornhill who all will start.  Six new starters, new coordinator, new scheme, but nationally I keep reading how the Chiefs did nothing and the D is still horrible.  

Mahomes and the scheme make our our line look better than it actually is.  We have a very good RT.  A serviceable LT and JAGs on the interior line.  It’s a very poor line when you want a yard by trying to move people or run straight ahead.  Protecting against interior pass rush also poor.

See above.  Spent a ton of money on d.  Had more money spent in D the last few years than the O.  Offense still young and working in cheap rookie deals for Hill, Mahomes, 

Why do you spend so much time on a Bills message board anyway?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

And so you will, until all the D changes are proven to produce something.  That's just how it is, same as when media look at the Bills offense.

7 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Sorry to hear that; McCoy is 100% a skills player who relies on a good run-blocking OL for success (why he fell through the floor last year).  When he loses trust in his OL, he will try to bounce outside, which he no longer has the speed to pull off.  So if you actually don't have a good OL, you won't get much for your $4M from McCoy.

1 hour ago, Watkins90 said:

He could take that kind of contract because we are still going to have to pay him $3 million this season. So, he gets $7 total if he plays the whole season with the Chiefs. 

Ugh, for the 3rd or 4th time: no, he doesn't.  The dead cap on the books for the Bills is money Bills have already paid in 2015 for his signing bonus, amortized over the life of the contract.  McCoy was not owed any guaranteed salary by the Bills, we will pay him nothing this season - well, nothing beyond a small signing bonus.

1 hour ago, Capco said:

Take care Shady!  Thanks for all you did as a Bill while you were here.  

Good luck in KC.  I don't think the Bills are SB bound this year, so I hope the Chiefs can make it to the big game for you.  

Me too because that would mean the Patriots are watching the SB on TV

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Right. Why do you bother watching?

To see if they're on track for the 5 year re-build I called when Beane started dumping talent the day he walked in the door. if JA can improve a little this year, and we can get some real offensive talent with our boatload of cash next year, then they could be ready in year 5 after they've gelled for a season.

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

KC traded Dee Ford, released Justin Houston and Eric Berry.

That was the cream off that crop (and still the D stunk).

19 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Like Marv Levy?

I'd gladly take losing championship games and superbowls over finishing 6-10 to 9-7 every year

That's nice.

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It blows my mind the McGod couldn’t get a draft pick for a rb who had multiple teams wanting to sign him. 

yeah really.  I still don't understand why they couldn't trade him?  I mean, they got a 6th for Bodine, right?

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yeah really.  I still don't understand why they couldn't trade him?  I mean, they got a 6th for Bodine, right?

$$$$.  Teams knew they could get him for less if he got released.  Plus if any team thought he was still that good and their clear answer they would have made the trade and paid him 6 million.  

Seems like folks including the Bills see him as a complementary piece at this point in his career and not worth the bigger dollar.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

$$$$.  Teams knew they could get him for less if he got released.  Plus if any team thought he was still that good and their clear answer they would have made the trade and paid him 6 million.  

Seems like folks including the Bills see him as a complementary piece at this point in his career and not worth the bigger dollar.

I was kidding.  LOL

This was posted a million times yesterday.  Just having a little fun with the board.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

That’s fair but why keep him all offseason?  If I’m the Texans, I give up a 7th instead of trading for garbage Carlos Hyde. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s fair but why keep him all offseason?  If I’m the Texans, I give up a 7th instead of trading for garbage Carlos Hyde. 

Why did we keep him all offseason?  Because  Beane and McD felt he’d be a big part of the equation.  Then Singletary and Gore came on strong.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I was kidding.  LOL

This was posted a million times yesterday.  Just having a little fun with the board.

?

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Why did we keep him all offseason?  Because  Beane and McD felt he’d be a big part of the equation.  Then Singletary and Gore came on strong.

?

I mean I would have traded him years ago.  But I thought he looked good this preseason.  Had a higher YPC than Singletary.  If they weren’t getting anything for him, I would have like to see him benhimd this rebuilt oline.  I would have cut Yeldon way before McCoy.  

Well, hopefully, DS is really good.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean I would have traded him years ago.  But I thought he looked good this preseason.  Had a higher YPC than Singletary.  If they weren’t getting anything for him, I would have like to see him benhimd this rebuilt oline.  I would have cut Yeldon way before McCoy.  

Well, hopefully, DS is really good.

One could argue they should have traded him last year.

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

McCoy isn’t Bodine. Beane is too good a GM to trade a guy like McCoy, who built up a ton of goodwill in Buffalo and is a respected vet around the league, for a 6/7th. That’s disrespectful and bad business. Once you know for sure he’s not in the plans you cut him and let him choose where he goes next. 

• Like (+1) 1