McCoy to Chiefs

mykidsdad

58 minutes ago, SoTier said:

At some point you need to take off the blinders.   McDermott and Beane have the same losing record over 32 games as Ryan and Whaley and Marrone and Whaley had 15 wins, 17 losses.   McDermott and Beane have built an "asymmetric team" that isn't likely to even make the playoffs except in rare incidents when the moon, planet and stars all align perfectly. 

What does “asymmetric” mean?

Just came in to say that McCoy is making twice what Damien Williams is making and is (still) a better back than Williams.

They may start the season in a running back by committee situation, but by week 5, it's gonna be the Shady show full time.

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

At some point you need to take off the blinders.   McDermott and Beane have the same losing record over 32 games as Ryan and Whaley and Marrone and Whaley had 15 wins, 17 losses.   McDermott and Beane have built an "asymmetric team" that isn't likely to even make the playoffs except in rare incidents when the moon, planet and stars all align perfectly. 

Ridiculous post. First, they made the playoffs in year 1 and had a solid showing in Jacksonville.  Second, they had a rookie QB in year 2.  Who cares about year 2. The entire point is to get your franchise QB up to speed in the NFL.  Third, this team they are putting on the field in 2019 is the best team the Bills have put on the field in over a decade.  They have a franchise QB, a top rated defense, and a solid YOUNG supporting cast.  This is a very good football team. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Looking back at Preseason Game 3 with post-cutdown-day hindsight, it seems pretty clear the whole game was intended as a running back audition.  I went back and watched the Condensed version on Gamepass.  They had a sub-par offensive line, with Morse still out.  Last year, McCoy faltered behind an even worse subpar line.  From series to series, they were alternating McCoy and Gore with (to my eyes) the same or similar run play calls and a side order of Murphy. To my eyes, McCoy lacked that burst and was being tackled by guys he would have run from 2-3 years ago.  Gore looked like he had more burst, and was able to operate more effectively in "Grind it out" mode as well.  Again, with the benefit of hindsight, I think Game 3 is where the decision was clinched.  "Singletary is ready to play, we're only keeping 1 of Gore and Shady, Gore it is."

Great post and good thoughts on game 3.  Gore continues to gain yards after contact, McCoy does not.  And on McCoy's long preseason run, he looked reasonably fast except that his running style was really off from past years.  Really jerky and not smooth anymore.  I liked having LeSean and wish him the best in KC, but no way is he a workhorse back anymore.

FO did the right thing.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, FUTURIST said:

Ridiculous post. First, they made the playoffs in year 1 and had a solid showing in Jacksonville.  Second, they had a rookie QB in year 2.  Who cares about year 2. The entire point is to get your franchise QB up to speed in the NFL.  Third, this team they are putting on the field in 2019 is the best team the Bills have put on the field in over a decade.  They have a franchise QB, a top rated defense, and a solid YOUNG supporting cast.  This is a very good football team. 

Yeah but that was the stars aligning... :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Got no problem with this and good luck to Shady

but like I said......follow the money.   We were paying him NINE MILLION DOLLARS this year....signed a contract for 3 Million

If you would have offered us that deal he would probably still be here.

He could take that kind of contract because we are still going to have to pay him $3 million this season. So, he gets $7 total if he plays the whole season with the Chiefs. 

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

You can’t win without defense either, and that’s what will happen with Reid.  

We retooled our entire O line, brought in 4 new TEs and 2 veteran WRs.  Two new RBs.  And of course a young qB with great potential.  Yes we have to see how they do but it is really tiring to keep reading about how they did nothing for the offense.

Actually three new RBs.

KC traded Dee Ford, released Justin Houston and Eric Berry.Hired a new D coordinator   Switched to the 4-3.  Signed Tyran Matthieu, Bashaud Breeland, Okafor, Devin Wilson, traded for Frank Clark and drafted Juan Thornhill who all will start.  Six new starters, new coordinator, new scheme, but nationally I keep reading how the Chiefs did nothing and the D is still horrible.  

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

KC should be a great situation for him - strong OL and an established passing threat.

Mahomes and the scheme make our our line look better than it actually is.  We have a very good RT.  A serviceable LT and JAGs on the interior line.  It’s a very poor line when you want a yard by trying to move people or run straight ahead.  Protecting against interior pass rush also poor.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I used it first about the Chiefs.  They spent a fortune on their Offense but their defense is not good.  It will come back to bite them.

See above.  Spent a ton of money on d.  Had more money spent in D the last few years than the O.  Offense still young and working in cheap rookie deals for Hill, Mahomes,