Conor McDermott must have pictures of Uncle Sean

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Well you just have the magic answer for any failures then. Mike Tolbert? Zay Jones? The entire online last year? Corey Coleman? Peterman? McCarron?

You’re just going to say it’s salary cap related so I guess we will start judging them this year. (Even though the dead cap was created by them to begin with)

And it seems to me that you are gonna argue that we should have had the best team ever without any money to spend. Tolbert was hated but he had some really good games and was a vet presence. I'm not willing to call Zay a disaster, or even a failure at this point. If you are gonna point out disasters, than the only one you call out that I agree with is the OL. And that was unexpected. Coleman was worth a shot, at least at his price.and  Peterman was captain preaseason, we all know that.McCarron didn't work out/ wasn't good enough. At least we didn't give him Glennon/Osweiler money?

Dead cap? You gonna argue dead cap? Dead cap they created by gutting the ridiculousness of prior regimes and their bloated contracts? McBeane said from day one they had to fix it and it was gonna sting for a couple years. guess what? They did exactly what they set out to do. And Thank God they did!  Im not gonna argue with you. This is just my opinion. I'm not trying to convince you or change your mind

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Stop right there........

How about because the 2015 and 2016 rosters(and maybe 2014 as well) were better and that was pretty recent actually,  Gerry. 

There were actual, established top 100 players and All Pros on those rosters.

And this 2019 roster is still the 6th oldest in the NFL............so the perceived depth is not necessarily even a sign of something sustainable.

They have an excess of fringy players simply because they signed 18 veteran free agents this spring............and as evidenced by that list of guys who are only in the NFL because the Bills kept them they valued fringy NFL experience over youth/potential at the back end of the roster on cut down day.

And yet another twist in the argument.

The discussion here is about overall roster depth, not whether Bills have more top end talent.   You can argue that ‘14 ‘15 Bills may have had more top end talent, but those teams were bereft of quality depth and always at the max cap.  The Labor Day discussions were filled with talk about Bills PICKING UP cast-off players, and not worrying about losing their usual assortment of scrubs.

Leave it to you to ***** on a quality roster that has 53 true NFL caliber players, while sitting on 10 draft picks and a boatload of cap room to continue the build in ‘20.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

And it seems to me that you are gonna argue that we should have had the best team ever without any money to spend. Tolbert was hated but he had some really good games and was a vet presence. I'm not willing to call Zay a disaster, or even a failure at this point. If you are gonna point out disasters, than the only one you call out that I agree with is the OL. And that was unexpected. Coleman was worth a shot, at least at his price.and  Peterman was captain preaseason, we all know that.McCarron didn't work out/ wasn't good enough. At least we didn't give him Glennon/Osweiler money?

Dead cap? You gonna argue dead cap? Dead cap they created by gutting the ridiculousness of prior regimes and their bloated contracts? McBeane said from day one they had to fix it and it was gonna sting for a couple years. guess what? They did exactly what they set out to do. And Thank God they did!  Im not gonna argue with you. This is just my opinion. I'm not trying to convince you or change your mind

No, I never said they should have had the best team ever. Don’t know where that came from. 

Regardless of the reasons, they have done nothing on offense to inspire any trust from me. You don’t need to agree that  most of their offensive personnel moves have been a disaster. 

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

No, I never said they should have had the best team ever. Don’t know where that came from. 

Regardless of the reasons, they have done nothing on offense to inspire any trust from me. You don’t need to agree that  most of their offensive personnel moves have been a disaster. 

Whew! cause I don't? lackluster and cheap, low end moves, yes. Disaster, no

12 hours ago, Logic said:

Conor McDermott's ticket off the roster got hurt and put on injured reserve, unfortunately. Waddle would have taken his spot.

There is no place here for logic Logic.

McDermott (who I think is insurance right now) will probably get moved once the OL gets thru week 1.

Bottom of the roster and the practice squad usually gets tweaked a lot the first few weeks.

2 hours ago, Chemical said:

Fine by me. I guess I’m just confused where the trust comes from. Maybe you just have a feeling. 

I can't say they've earned my trust on that side of the ball. Im just saying that I think they were very handicapped with the roster, the cap, and the QB situation. I'm hoping things turn around this year. 2nd year QB. Massive upgrades on the line. New starters at WR, TE, RB. Its hope brother, not a feeling. I don't hold the roster or cap issues against them. I don't think they have been perfect, but they've certainly addressed a lot of issues on offense

• Like (+1) 2

• 4 weeks later...

Sean just quietly sat down with Conor and said

"Look, I've tried to do this as a favor to my sister...your Mom...but i just cant do it anymore. We are actually REALLY good this year and i can't justify keeping you on the active roster any longer as players are starting to wonder why a guy who clearly isnt very good continues taking up a spot. Tell your Mom I said Hi and that I hope Saturday night family dinners won't be awkward from now on."

Edited by matter2003