Conor McDermott must have pictures of Uncle Sean

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I've been enjoying all of the posts this preseason about how the Bills roster was so good and that there were just a bunch of players that other teams were going to immediately snap up if they were cut.    It's been hilarious.   The reality is that everyone has their own version of most of the Bills bubble guys.

How cute.  Our daily dose of, "pathetic pedestrian football fans think they know what they're talking about ... please allow me to educate you!!!"  YAWN.  Such an old and tired shtick, oh untouchable one.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

How cute.  Our daily dose of, "pathetic pedestrian football fans think they know what they're talking about ... please allow me to educate you!!!"  YAWN.  Such an old and tired shtick, oh untouchable one.

It must be magic mushroom ? day with all the odd threads 

20 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I actually think this is why.

I've been enjoying all of the posts this preseason about how the Bills roster was so good and that there were just a bunch of players that other teams were going to immediately snap up if they were cut.    It's been hilarious.   The reality is that everyone has their own version of most of the Bills bubble guys.

What's valuable are experienced OL.

The word you hear from OL coaches is that most young O lineman are about worthless until year 3.

McDermott is in year 3.

So even though he doesn't look like one of the Bills best 53 they might think that he should have the trade value of one of their top 45. 

And 3 guys the Bills cut got claimed on waivers, 2 more that would have been cut netted draft picks for the Bills, and another guy released was signed immediately.  And the 2 that became picks were OL.

So, that says the Bills had 59 current NFLers in camp (OK, 58, Bojorques isn't 1 at present).  How many teams had more than that?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And 3 guys the Bills cut got claimed on waivers, 2 more that would have been cut netted draft picks for the Bills, and another guy released was signed immediately.  And the 2 that became picks were OL.

So, that says the Bills had 59 current NFLers in camp (OK, 58, Bojorques isn't 1 at present).  How many teams had more than that?

Wade.......LOL nobody was going to put him on a 53

Duke.......no takers

Sills.........nope

Yarbrough.........nope

Murphy.......nope

Those were the offseason/preseason heroes that the most fans were concerned with losing.............and none were claimed.    Nobody was sweating ST Lacy who struggled in preseason game 4 or the oft-injured Lewis.

Ray Ray is the only camp hero who was claimed and it was only because the Bills practiced with the Panthers and Ray Ray is a different player when people aren't hitting...........I saw it myself in camp...........he was poor in the preseason games when the action got real and otherwise would be here on the PS.    He might be back in a couple weeks if he gets in a game and continues to drop the football.

I've said it multiple times in offseason.......I expected them to be able to deal some of their bottom OL talent for picks...........I was right.........what else is new?:beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Duke.......no takers

Sills.........nope

Yarbrough.........nope

Murphy.......nope

Those were the offseason/preseason heroes that the most fans were concerned with losing.............and none were claimed.    Nobody was sweating ST Lacy who struggled in preseason game 4 or the oft-injured Lewis.

Ray Ray is the only camp hero who was claimed and it was only because the Bills practiced with the Panthers and Ray Ray is a different player when people aren't hitting...........I saw it myself in camp...........he was poor in the preseason games when the action got real and otherwise would be here on the PS.    He might be back in a couple weeks if he gets in a game and continues to drop the football.

I've said it multiple times in offseason.......I expected them to be able to deal some of their bottom OL talent for picks...........I was right.........what else is new?:beer:

It’s amazing how you have the knack for moving the goalposts to always be the Oracle of Adelphia.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Duke.......no takers

Sills.........nope

Yarbrough.........nope

Murphy.......nope

Duke is the biggie. I would have been SHOCKED if someone thought he was worthy of a 53rd roster spot. He's just not an NFL receiver circa 2019. He's not even Da'Rick Rogers level good. Sills. I think most fans got the memo on Sills and realized he wasn't even the second coming of Brandon Reiley. Always a camp hero or 3 at WR.

As far as the roster construction, I'd prefer to see them drop an OL(McDermott) or TE(Croom) and add more depth at DL/LB or safety. Lots of time to make those moves, so we shall see.

I'm not particularly enthused by accumulating 6th and 7th round picks for depth OL, but it's got to be placed in the positive category for Beane. 

Edited by LSHMEAB

1 hour ago, GG said:

It’s amazing how you have the knack for moving the goalposts to always be the Oracle of Adelphia.  

Or maybe you create a lot of false narratives that you then plant goal posts on.

You know like me making fun of people who were sweating the loss of a bunch of guys that touched the ball a lot in preseason and then you crowing when a kick coverage ST'er and a forgotten reserve CB are picked up off of waivers.:lol:

Or like in the Colquitt thread where you literally said that I thought that Beane should have traded a 4th round pick for him(where did that come from?)..........when all I said was if Beane thought he was the only good option he would have most likely tried to trade for him and that there are still A BUNCH of better punters than Bojorquez available.:doh:

It's been a long time since you were worth a damn as a poster but at this point you are just seeing ghosts.:wacko:

14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Or maybe you create a lot of false narratives that you then plant goal posts on.

You know like me making fun of people who were sweating the loss of a bunch of guys that touched the ball a lot in preseason and then you crowing when a kick coverage ST'er and a forgotten reserve CB are picked up off of waivers.:lol:

Or like in the Colquitt thread where you literally said that I thought that Beane should have traded a 4th round pick for him(where did that come from?)..........when all I said was if Beane thought he was the only good option he would have most likely tried to trade for him and that there are still A BUNCH of better punters than Bojorquez available.:doh:

It's been a long time since you were worth a damn as a poster but at this point you are just seeing ghosts.:wacko:

I could have just as easily said 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounder.  

@Taro T called you out for your usually ridiculous hyperbole and you shifted the topic.  Fact is, four players who were Bills on Friday got snapped up by other teams by Sunday.   You made fun of people who said that Bills have enough talent that they would be picked up by other clubs.    If Beane wasn’t crafty with the IR moves, a coupe of more players would have been picked as well.  

But, knowing that you can’t say “oops, I was wrong” you change the topic to singling out the specific players who weren’t picked.  If you truly are the Oracle of Adelphia, you would have named those players in your initial side shot.  

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/31/2019 at 7:52 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

This guy must be related to the head coach.

There's no other explanation as to why he continues making the Bills' 53 man roster year after year without contributing anything whatsoever.

Even on rare occasions when he's healthy enough to play in the preseason, he doesn't even dominate against opposing 3rd stringers who will be bagging groceries by Monday.

It's puzzling.

wow.. you know more then Sean... perhaps we will see you on the sidelines

• Sad 1