[Name Only Title] Bryan Hoyer

Stallions

1 hour ago, Stallions said:

The 33 year old vet is available after the Pats released him today.  Maybe a great source of information and a good back-up if either Allen or Barkley get nicked?  His salary was $915,00 in '18 but was to jump to $2mil this season.   

But , but he was the second best QB in the division 

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

41 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yes, I would rather have the guy that has a 83 qb rating, won 16 games in his career, and started a playoff game than a guy with a 68.3 qb rating and won 2 games in his career.  Is this ever a serious question?

and I know it won’t happen but in a perfect world, you should always be looking to upgrade your roster.  Hoyer is better than Barkley and it’s not debatable. 

Hoyer has a noodle arm and sucks.     

Weird guy to vouch for 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The 33 year old vet is available after the Pats released him today.  Maybe a great source of information and a good back-up if either Allen or Barkley get nicked?  His salary was $915,00 in '18 but was to jump to $2mil this season.   

Na

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yes, I would rather have the guy that has a 83 qb rating, won 16 games in his career, and started a playoff game than a guy with a 68.3 qb rating and won 2 games in his career.  Is this ever a serious question?

and I know it won’t happen but in a perfect world, you should always be looking to upgrade your roster.  Hoyer is better than Barkley and it’s not debatable. 

I don't believe, in 2019, that Hoyer is better than Barkley. Better career? No doubt. But for the 2019 Buffalo Bills I'd lean toward Barkley.

Barkley seems to be aging in the league very nicely.

And for the record (though I think it means very little) Barkley's QBR was better than Hoyer's last year.

Edited by The Dean
Dyslexia
  • Like (+1) 1

No

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hoyer will get snatched up pretty quickly with teams that aren't comfortable with their backup QB situation.  The Colts come to mind.  Bills seem to have faith that Barkley is a better QB than his career stats suggest and are comfortable with him as a backup.  

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I love that some reacted to my post yet couldn’t even response.  On what planet is Matt Barkley better than Hoyer?  Just because a guy is the Bills doesn’t mean you should just make up things.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/12477/brian-hoyer

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattbarkley/2539308/profile

Make what up? I think Barkley is better suited for us and Allen at this point, Hoyer has reached his ceiling, Barkley hasn't. How am I wrong?

Brian Hoyer represents everything that is wrong with salary structures of modern athletes.

Despite having done absolutely nothing throughout his entire career and being a terrible quarterback, he has still amassed over $21 million in career earnings.

$21 million!  For being terrible at his job!  

Being a crap QB in the NHL pays very well and is relatively safe; these guys don't play that much.

14 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And why do you think "you know it won't happen"? Because the Bills brain trust feel the same as I do. So I guess it is debatable after all. In a perfect world, you pick the best guy. They have. It's not like Hoyer would be more expensive, he isn't. You didn't respond to the fact Barkley had the top completion percentage of this preseason. One could argue, based on statistics, he's better than Hoyer is right now. You like statistics, what do you say about that?

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Hoyer has a noodle arm and sucks.     

Weird guy to vouch for 

Barkley has a noodle arm.  I really liked Barkley in his draft.  My favorite qb.  So I watched his nfl career and he’s just not good enough.  Say what you want to about Hoyer but he is HOFer compared to Barkley. 

I get we’re Bills fans but man do we love to overrate our players.  I don’t remember any Barkley love before we got him.  Now, he’s a great backup.  Ftr, I’m fine with Barkley but I’m not going to pretend there aren’t better options.  Hoyer is a better option.  But what does stupid NE know?

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Man you’ve got some funny opinions sometimes...

I have right opinions that don’t follow the pack.  Been that way since third grade and the teacher asked if Ben Franklin was ever a President.  I was the only one who said he wasn’t.  

Please tell me how Barkley is better.  Because there are no stats that come close to showing that.  Hoyer has won more games and started a playoff game.  Hoyer has backed up Tom Brady.  There is literally not one piece of evidence that show Barkley is a better qb.  Find me some.  

This is is my Ben Franklin 2.0.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Nope.....

When was the last time a team that had to resort to their 3rd string QB for any prolonged period made the playoffs?

If at any time we need to use our 3rd string QB for any reason outside of mop up duty the season is lost.

2017 Minnesota Vikings 

22 hours ago, Stallions said:

Maybe sign him just after game 3 and waive him after Cheats game.