Who do you want on the Practice Squad?

12 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Here is a list of QBs just cut.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/transactions/quarterback/

Which one complains first that Peterman has a job but they don't.  Those are some bad quarterbacks.  Bills don't need a QB3. If Allen and Barkley go down they might as well put the worst player than can find back there and just tank the season.  Allen-Barkley is one of the best starter/backup combinations in the NFL. Not too many teams have a backup as good as Barkley. 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

When Spain went out against the Panthers in the 3rd pre season game they put Boettger in. That tells me in the staff's mind he was ahead. 

I think what likely happened is Beane said to McDermott and the OL coach the next day "if that is how you feel what say you we test the market for Wyatt?" 

Yup. You're not going to screw around and see what this random 3rd teamer does with the starters! when the franchise QB is on the field. It was an indication Boettger was ahead.

Beane said "not that we were going to cut Wyatt" so maybe he was still making the roster over McDermott, they did try him out at RT in game 3 second half.

I agree Boettger isn't going anywhere, I think they like him, especially now he can play Center

3 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Yup. You're not going to screw around and see what this random 3rd teamer does with the starters! when the franchise QB is on the field. It was an indication Boettger was ahead.

Beane said "not that we were going to cut Wyatt" so maybe he was still making the roster over McDermott, they did try him out at RT in game 3 second half.

I agree Boettger isn't going anywhere, I think they like him, especially now he can play Center

It is a good point. They did try Wyatt at RT. That may well have been the thinking. 

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Like we had a choice?  LOL.  Bills aren't running a charity case here. Besides the final drive, Tyree struggled in the preseason against backups and pry should've stayed another year in college as he's not close to NFL ready.

I'd rather take a chance on somebody like Kyle Lauletta (a former 4th round pick) who had a decent preseason and is unlikely to make the Giants practice squad.  Josh Allen's style of play makes him prone to injury and we need a QB on the practice squad who can back up Barkley. 

Beane has shown that he is operating this team like a business and not emotionally. McCoy is exhibit A. So is Munnerlyn. Coleman is a great example of knowing how to work this system. 

If Tyree Jackson wasn’t from UB would 95+% of the sign to PS crowd advocate for him? My bet is no. Find someone better. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

When Spain went out against the Panthers in the 3rd pre season game they put Boettger in. That tells me in the staff's mind he was ahead. 

I think what likely happened is Beane said to McDermott and the OL coach the next day "if that is how you feel what say you we test the market for Wyatt?" 

Plausible, but I still think it was a matter of which one of the two fairly equal backup guards gave them the most return since they had to release one of them anyway.  A 5th and 6th is a pretty decent haul for a backup G.  Almost as good as getting a 6th for Bodine....

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Glad you didn't leave on a nuke.

Now get your head on straight and dont fall in love with fringe players.

The only thing that matters is the best 53.

Go Bills !!!

:wallbash::oops:

I knew better, but I had to give love to my boy... I was once told Kuechly and JJ Watt weren't going to make it in this league as well as Joey Bosa and Julian Edelman. People told me McCaffrey wasn't cut out for this league! Yet I held my head high.

Sometimes my stubborness makes me look like an @$$, sometimes a genius. Today it is definitely the former. Still have my belief in the kid though and with some time I know he can develop.

Best 53 is always the goal though:bag:

30 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

Beane has shown that he is operating this team like a business and not emotionally. McCoy is exhibit A. So is Munnerlyn. Coleman is a great example of knowing how to work this system. 

If Tyree Jackson wasn’t from UB would 95+% of the sign to PS crowd advocate for him? My bet is no. Find someone better. 

I do not know about other teams message boards but there is an obsession with the long shot players here.

We all love a good story but need to balance feelings with facts.  Jackson has not shown he can be a future NFL QB in any regard.  

5 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I knew better, but I had to give love to my boy... I was once told Kuechly and JJ Watt weren't going to make it in this league as well as Joey Bosa and Julian Edelman. People told me McCaffrey wasn't cut out for this league! Yet I held my head high.

Sometimes my stubborness makes me look like an @$$, sometimes a genius. Today it is definitely the former. Still have my belief in the kid though and with some time I know he can develop.

You feel a bit Biden like on Watt, Kuechly and Bosa.  They were all regarded as future stars.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I do not know about other teams message boards but there is an obsession with the long shot players here.

We all love a good story but need to balance feelings with facts.  Jackson has not shown he can be a future NFL QB in any regard.  

You feel a bit Biden like on Watt, Kuechly and Bosa.  They were all regarded as future stars.

That's BBMB for you...:lol:

1 hour ago, FUTURIST said:

Which one complains first that Peterman has a job but they don't.  Those are some bad quarterbacks.  Bills don't need a QB3. If Allen and Barkley go down they might as well put the worst player than can find back there and just tank the season.  Allen-Barkley is one of the best starter/backup combinations in the NFL. Not too many teams have a backup as good as Barkley. 

Agree, the Bills don't need  QB3 but they do need a PSQB1 to run the scout team.

They still may call back Tyree for that.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:14 AM, Sherlock Holmes said:

Hey i wanted to draft Sills, but it was clear hes not ready. Hopefully he can muscle up and make it next year.