Miami Houston trade Tunsil & Stills for at least 2-1sts, 1-2nd & more

Reed83HOF

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s my feeling, too. They got bent over, mainly because they waited so long to shore up the LT position. Stupid. 

Don't forget the Duane Brown situation either. They had opportunities in the draft and in FA to take care of this and they didn't. They traded Clowney for nothing and gave away the farm for Tunsil & Stills....I wish I knew how Gaines feels LOL

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbbx03Rdq-bFw3U6dOqH_

Why?  Tunsil is 25 years old.

I would GLADLY give up 2 firsts to have kept Jason Peters for the past 10-11 seasons.  Especially looking back at our 1st round picks during those years.  Even more so if I knew the Bills would be picking in the mid 20s for years to come.

36 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Insanity for a good but hardly great LT.  And then they gave away a super talented pass rusher for a 3rd and a bunch of garbage.  Bold strategy.

But lucky back, Murray made some really good moves - Kane was a 30 goal scorer this year; Robin L was a Venezia finalist; Ryan O’Reilly, and the Sabres were terrible.   Dude actually looks pretty smart in hindsight haha. 

Disagree. Sabres had a stockpile of draft picks and prospects and Murray gave all of it away like a drunken sailor on payday weekend. Sure Murray put together a good top line, but you need at least three good lines to be successful (four lines is even better). 

A+ trade for Miami.  They'll definitely be able to draft a top QB next year and then build around him with three more 1sts and four 2nd's in the next two drafts.  Tunsil will be good but I don't know if he'll be good enough to justify those picks.

5 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Disagree. Sabres had a stockpile of draft picks and prospects and Murray gave all of it away like a drunken sailor on payday weekend. Sure Murray put together a good top line, but you need at least three good lines to be successful (four lines is even better). 

It's all about who's selecting the players.  The Browns had a plethora of picks and screwed it up for a lot of years.  They then got a competent GM and are looking to be legitimate playoff contenders.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

A+ trade for Miami.  They'll definitely be able to draft a top QB next year and then build around him with three more 1sts and four 2nd's in the next two drafts.  Tunsil will be good but I don't know if he'll be good enough to justify those picks.

It's all about who's selecting the players.  The Browns had a plethora of picks and screwed it up for a lot of years.  They then got a competent GM and are looking to be legitimate playoff contenders.

I agree on both

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Anyone else think that Gaine failing to trade up for Dillard has set in motion this insane chain of events, including his own firing and this trade?

I’m thinking Gaine is going to crack a bottle of 30 year old scotch and chuckle his ass off at some point this weekend. 

50 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Definitely think draft picks get overrated.  But that is a ton for LT.  Absolute no brained and they have a ton of ammo in the draft.  

If they are smart, they are in awesome shape for the future. 

I agree. It's not a bad way to do things, and the idea that they didn't love Tunsil anyways makes the trade even better for them. 

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

If Tim Murray didn't get unlucky and lose out on McDavid, he and Bielsma would still be here. The problem with the rebuild isn't the 2 GMs or 3 coaches we've had in the last couple of years. It's Jack Eichel.

Total. Load. Of. Crap.

• Like (+1) 2