Miami Houston trade Tunsil & Stills for at least 2-1sts, 1-2nd & more

Reed83HOF

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

O'Brien is nuts. he also traded with the Chiefs to acquire Carlos Hyde. do they have any draft picks left for 2020?

The link you included notes he traded an OT expected to be cut for him. 

The one one thing I’ll say for this trade is that Houston should have a great shot at being a top seed this year with their division being trash. If this gets them homefield in the playoffs and a bye week, still a big overpay but filling your biggest hole on a possible super bowl run is a bit priceless.

youd think there’s a better option out there though and a GM would’ve done better today.

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If Tim Murray didn't get unlucky and lose out on McDavid, he and Bielsma would still be here. The problem with the rebuild isn't the 2 GMs or 3 coaches we've had in the last couple of years. It's Jack Eichel.

Except he wasnt unlucky, winning McDavid was 1 in 5. Getting Eichel is exactly what anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of basic math expected.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Biggest overpay in NFL history imo, that's straight up highway robbery

Two words: Hershel Walker

3 1st rounders, 3 2nd rounders, a 3rd rounder and a 6th rounder...that’s highway robbery!

This also doesn’t hold a candle to the Skins giving 3 1st round picks and a 2nd rounder to St. Louis for the rights to RG3.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg

To be fair, the Jets currently have no edge rushers and a bad cornerback depth chart in a passing league. Their o-line is also anchored by a guy they had to talk out of retirement. It's not THAT outlandish to think the Bills could sweep them. Obviously, being that you're a Jets fan, I understand your optimism in your team.

With regard to this Dolphins tank-a-palooza, though: The Phins are basically doing what the Bills have been doing since McDermott came in. They're just starting their tank and rebuild two full seasons later than the Bills did. 

With Darnold on the Jets, Allen on the Bills, and whichever 2020 QB the Phins take 1st overall, the AFC East looks to be set up for a decade of competitive, high quality football.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BisonMan said:

3 1st rounders, 3 2nd rounders, a 3rd rounder and a 6th rounder...that’s highway robbery!

This also doesn’t hold a candle to the Skins giving 3 1st round picks and a 2nd rounder to St. Louis for the rights to RG3.

Yeh for sure you're correct on Walker. I'm all caught up in the moment lol

And yes rights to RG3 definitely more expensive and in hindsight a worse deal...but multiple 1st should be reserved for QBs only imo. That's why it's so bad for me

5 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

Thats what happens when you have no GM...you get fleeced on trades badly.

I get why both teams make this move, Texans are in win now mode and Dolphins are in full tank for a QB but then why did they just give up a high pick on Rosen? Has he already convinced them hes a bust? Just dosnt seem like they have a plan there.

13 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If Tim Murray didn't get unlucky and lose out on McDavid, he and Bielsma would still be here. The problem with the rebuild isn't the 2 GMs or 3 coaches we've had in the last couple of years. It's Jack Eichel.

If you don’t like Eichel, I’ll gladly take him off your hands. 

?

Just now, Ben said:

I get why both teams make this move, Texans are in win now mode and Dolphins are in full tank for a QB but then why did they just give up a high pick on Rosen? Has he already convinced them hes a bust? Just dosnt seem like they have a plan there.

well for starters, they way overpaid for rosen. He was getting cut. A 3rd should have been the absolute highest anyone paid, but acquiring him was not bad and it still isn't. They can still use this year to judge if he's any good. If he takes over for fitz at some point, they can see what they've got or they can do that next year with a rookie.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

If you don’t like Eichel, I’ll gladly take him off your hands. 

?

I don't think he's a top 31 forward personally, and he's an unbelievable drama queen. I've never seen a player who's done so little be such a whiny B word.