Gruden keeps 3 QB's to keep Peterman (UPDATE: IR'd)

BigDingus

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm not denying the obvious .... Peterman set a new standard. 

But Barkley was, in fact, horrid as a rookie:

30-49, 0 TD, 4 INT, 44.6 QB rating. It's easier to miss because it was spread out between 3 games.

And he wasn't even EJ Manuel quality when he finally got a chance to start with the Bears:

8 TD, 14 INT, 68.3 QB rating, 1-5 record as a starter.

I don't think it's inconceivable that when all is said and done Nate Peterman will have a career that is the equal of Matt Barkley's. Which probably says more about how fans are suggesting we have one of the best backup QBs in football than it does about anything else, which is my general point here ...

No he won't. Peterman has no career. He isn't even a has been. He is a never was. Barkley might be no better than a bottom end backup and he would still be twice the Quarterback Nathan Peterman was.

16 hours ago, WVUFootball29 said:

He's really good in practice, just like Trent Edwards

Trent was a decent QB until.....

not a single Bill was even remotely aware that this great player on the other team was coming, many of us yelled out "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" as he showed he was blitzing....

nighty night, baby!

I swear to christ I have never wanted a team to flop as bad as the raiders

Just watched the last episode of hard knocks.....did Gruden REALLY not meet personally with the players he cut?  That has to be one of the most fake ass people I have ever seen.

I hope Keelan Doss comes back and catches 5 touchdeowns against that team

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I swear to christ I have never wanted a team to flop as bad as the raiders

Just watched the last episode of hard knocks.....did Gruden REALLY not meet personally with the players he cut?  That has to be one of the most fake ass people I have ever seen.

I hope Keelan Doss comes back and catches 5 touchdeowns against that team

started with them giving insane FA contracts to men who fluked out and achieved SB MVP recognition

too bad, this was the most admirable franchise in the NFL for my start in the early 70s, for a decade...  :(

Edited by row_33

On 9/3/2019 at 5:55 AM, GunnerBill said:

No he won't. Peterman has no career. He isn't even a has been. He is a never was. Barkley might be no better than a bottom end backup and he would still be twice the Quarterback Nathan Peterman was.

Exactly, Peterman crumbles against starters. Always has and always will. Gruden will find out the hard way just like we did.

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly, Peterman crumbles against starters. Always has and always will. Gruden will find out the hard way just like we did.

This is so blown out of proportion. 

For his five interception game, the first interception was a tipped ball, the second he was hit as he threw, the third he was hit as he threw, the fourth was on him, and the fifth the receiver ran the wrong route.  

Peterman doesn't deserve nearly as much hate as he gets. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This is so blown out of proportion. 

For his five interception game, the first interception was a tipped ball, the second he was hit as he threw, the third he was hit as he threw, the fourth was on him, and the fifth the receiver ran the wrong route.  

Peterman doesn't deserve nearly as much hate as he gets. 

Knowing when not to throw and when to take a sack is part of the job. Peterman is the worst starting Quarterback to ever start multiple NFL games. 4 times the Bills trotted him out there as the starter. Four freaking times. I still say he should never even have been draftable. I hated his college tape and said so long before he was a Bill.  

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Knowing when not to throw and when to take a sack is part of the job. Peterman is the worst starting Quarterback to ever start multiple NFL games. 4 times the Bills trotted him out there as the starter. Four freaking times. I still say he should never even have been draftable. I hated his college tape and said so long before he was a Bill.  

Okay, hear me out ... Let me preface by saying I have no formal training and I don't claim to be any kind of psychologist.

But I'm starting to think that you believe Nate Peterman isn't a very good QB.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Okay, hear me out ... Let me preface by saying I have no formal training and I don't claim to be any kind of psychologist.

But I'm starting to think that you believe Nate Peterman isn't a very good QB.

"Isn't very good" is an understatement. If that is what a Quarterback looks like I'd rather watch baseball. And baseball sucks. 

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is true. 

But apparently a Superbowl winning coach agrees with my assessment. And you really only have your message board credentials. I suspect I'm on the right side of this one. 

9 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

That is true. 

But apparently a Superbowl winning coach agrees with my assessment. And you really only have your message board credentials. I suspect I'm on the right side of this one. 

I mean....do you really want to hang your hat on the fact Jon Gruden won a superbowl? He did facilitate trading Khalil Mack as well as trading Amari Cooper....he may have gone senile.... I'd trust the credentials.  Or you know....my eyes. The fact I seen, with my eyes, Nathan Peterman have the worst starts of any quarterback since records were kept.

I will agree with one thing though, he gets far more crap then he deserves. He wasn't exactly put in a position to succeed.... that being said, I don't think he would have succeeded even had he had the 2018 colts offensive line and top 3 receivers in the league. He just isn't good.

Edited by Jdragon2

5 minutes ago, Jdragon2 said:

I mean....do you really want to hang your hat on the fact Jon Gruden won a superbowl? He did facilitate trading Khalil Mack as well as trading Amari Cooper....he may have gone senile.... I'd trust the credentials.  Or you know....my eyes. The fact I seen, with my eyes, Nathan Peterman have the worst starts of any quarterback in since records were kept.

I will agree with one thing though, he gets far more crap then he deserves. He wasn't exactly put in a position to succeed.... that being said, I don't think he would have succeeded even had he had the 2018 colts offensive line and top 3 receivers in the league. He just isn't good.

That is fair, don't get me wrong.  I'm not sure those trades were just about talent.  He has ten years, and I get the impression he wants things to go a certain way.  I realize this is a what have you done for me lately, but Gruden deserves a ton more respect than he gets.  The fans and media are short sighted. That is why they tend to be on the wrong side of history so often.  

Lastly, there is nothing I trust less than a message board's fan's "eye test." There is no reason in the world to think you have any idea what you are looking at. No offense.  Just to add to this: It is better to know what you don't know than to be overconfident.  The fan "eye test" is the ultimate example of overconfidence. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands

23 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

It is almost as if we are debating a question that has no answer. 

Well it does have an answer.... it is not like Peterman has only got on the field that once against the Chargers. He has got on the field plenty and has been woefully inadequate every time.