Gruden keeps 3 QB's to keep Peterman (UPDATE: IR'd)

BigDingus

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nathan-peterman-expected-to-make-raiders-roster-133407701.html

"Rapoport reports that head coach Jon Gruden likes Peterman and wants to help turn his career around. That is no surprise to anyone who has kept up with the Raiders on HBO’s “Hard Knocks”, where Gruden has been complimentary of the former Buffalo Bills quarterback."

Well that's nice of him! It's cool to see Gruden's taken a personal interest in Peterman & wants to help resurrect his career. I hope he's successful.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Looking good in preseason was never Peterman's problem.  Maybe he finally has enough experience, and maybe he's lifted enough weights to gain enough strength, to handle live action in real games.  I hope so, for his sake.  He always seemed like a good guy.

Another former Bills QB draft pick, Cardale Jones, looked good in preseason with the Chargers but got cut.  He might be a better choice for our practice squad than Jackson.

4 minutes ago, Utah John said:

He always seemed like a good guy.

J. P. Losman is my favorite all around good guy.

If I'm not mistaken, JP bought a house on Oakland Place, in the heart of downtown and tried to make himself part of the community.

They both sucked as starters.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gigs said:

I watch hardknocks...I dont see what everyone is seeing. It seems peterman is soft and doesnt want to take charge. Cant QB if you dont have presence

Does Eli Manning have that presence? Joe Flacco? Jay Cutler? Plenty of successful QB's haven't been natural leaders.

If Peterman continues to fail it's because he sucks, not because he isn't a leader.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, boater said:

J. P. Losman is my favorite all around good guy.

If I'm not mistaken, JP bought a house on Oakland Place, in the heart of downtown and tried to make himself part of the community.

They both sucked as starters.

Losman at least did some stuff in the regular season. Peterman is in the Bills Pre season hall of fame!!