LA Chargers give Gordon permission to seek trade, want a 1st & 5th

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

If this is a topic eslewhere please delete etc...I hadn't seen it here....

Considering that Gordon has been told by the Chargers he can play on his current deal or he can seek a trade, I have thought that there aren't a lot of teams that could both afford and need a RB at this point, but Buffalo seems to be a team that meats the criteria.  Would you guys want him?  If so, what are your thoughts on a contract and trade compensation?

Umm, no!

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

If this is a topic elsewhere please delete etc...I hadn't seen it here....

Considering that Gordon has been told by the Chargers he can play on his current deal or he can seek a trade, I have thought that there aren't a lot of teams that could both afford and need a RB at this point, but Buffalo seems to be a team that meats the criteria.  Would you guys want him?  If so, what are your thoughts on a contract and trade compensation?

We can revisit this thread after week one if the current RB's can't get it done.

Gore is a pounder. Singletary is elusive but slow at 4.66 as he is only .4 tenths faster then Ed Oliver at DT. Yeldon, will he fumble?

Can't complain about the O line this year, it's either the offensive play calls, the RB's or everything works.  

Doubt I'd pay him what he'd want (though idk what he's asking)  but IMO it is really just a question of comp not quality. He's really a very good RB in his prime who could seriously upgrade our backfield and offence. Gore's not carrying a team anymore and Singletary remains unproven. If the price was right or could be made right I'd sign him and cut Yeldon. 

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....allegedly turned down $10 mil/yr average from Chargers.......if Zeke deal averages $15 mil, that will be Gordon's target IMO.......out of McBeane's price range for a RB...

Agreed. Gordon doesn't deserve Zeke money (and neither does Zeke for that matter) but he's worth a lot more than the 5 bucks the Chargers would be paying him this year. He can pretty much do it all, runs well inside and out and is a receiving threat out of the backfield. I think he has the same yards from scrimmage as Zeke beginning 2015. Depending on the balance of terms I might have thought 10 per to be a very reasonable number. Hope he gets moved quickly. Best for all concerned.

• Like (+1) 1