Lack of talent on offense is worrying. Good luck Allen

XABI64

"Beane has basically given little attention to the playmaking positions this offseason" = 3 new TEs, 3 new RBs, 2 new WRs.

"We went defense heavy in the draft" = 2nd, both 3rds, and 5th round picks all used on offense, and we supposedly would have taken Hockenson if Oliver didn't fall to us.

This is the worst case of "we didn't get the guys *I* wanted" confirmation bias I've ever seen.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

Beane has basically given little attention to the playmaking positions this offseason. We went defense heavy again in the draft and we signed Brown and Beasley simply because without them we had the worst WR group in the league. Zay Jones doesn't belong in the NFL and beyond that we have little depth at the WR position. 

We have no real TE threat, Singletary is a mystery we have no idea what he can do as the starter. And on top of all that the oline still looks disjointed as ever. 

He was successful last year playing with a bunch of guys no longer playing in the NFL. They literally upgraded every other position on offence. Expect a big jump from Allen in year two. I also expect them to add a big time talent at WR in next years draft.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Singletary

Gore

Yeldon

Kroft

Sweeney

Knox

Beasley

Brown

Williams

and then there’s the guys that ensure josh has all the time in the world to throw to these guys and to block for the RBs 

Feliciano

Nsekhe

Morse

Ford

Spain

Long

Bates

not sure if I should just realize your an idiot and to try and educate you. Or if you are F**King with us all and I should just stop feeding you. 

• Awesome! (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

Beane has basically given little attention to the playmaking positions this offseason. We went defense heavy again in the draft and we signed Brown and Beasley simply because without them we had the worst WR group in the league. Zay Jones doesn't belong in the NFL and beyond that we have little depth at the WR position. 

We have no real TE threat, Singletary is a mystery we have no idea what he can do as the starter. And on top of all that the oline still looks disjointed as ever. 

Do you get a little stiffer every time you get a reply? If so, this one's on me...

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Little harsh but I tend to agree that there’s a lack of higher end talent on the offensive side of the ball. My contention is that it’s deliberate; build defense, then offense. Still part of the plan imo. FOknows this team is still a year or two away.

$90 million in cap space next year and the 2020 draft is flush with offensive skill positions. They know what they're doing. Next year I expect a big push to upgrade the offensive talent. Beasley Brown and Singletary will hold down the fort if Allen continues to progress.

Just now, HappyDays said:

$90 million in cap space next year and the 2020 draft is flush with offensive skill positions. They know what they're doing. Next year I expect a big push to upgrade the offensive talent. Beasley Brown and Singletary will hold down the fort if Allen continues to progress.

Exactly how I see it

Allen - 2nd year & a full camp behind him

WR - Upgraded deep threat.  Upgraded slot. 

TE - Upgraded Talent & Youth

RB - Upgraded Talent & Youth

OL - Upgraded Talent & Depth

Not sure what else you want?  Allen has proven talent, young potential & an upgraded OL that should be at least middle of the pack rated, plus a Top 10 defense behind him.  

Its up to Allen to elevate those around him. We’re not Super Bowl contenders but the talent is there for the Playoffs.  

*OP is clearly trolling. 

16 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

Don't forget that we don't have an NFL quarterback, either.

16 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

You must be great at parties

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I could see 1st round WR, 2nd round OL, another mid-late round WR project, and a QB project based on how Tyree Jackson does on the practice squad this year.  Probably another RB (5th round?) with Gore retired.

24 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

Yawn, SOS different day!