Jests cut their 3rd rounder Polite

Reed83HOF

On 8/31/2019 at 2:45 PM, Bleedingreennc said:

At least our new GM has the balls to do what has to be done, Mac would have kept him around just to save face

I will say this, the jets as an organization have some huge balls for allowing the GM they fired to spend a good chunk of their cap space. That’s 4-D chess right there.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Its not obvious at all. He was widely regarded as 1st round talent, but with significant off field issues. 

The Jets may be having some buyer’s remorse, though, as NY Post reporter Brian Costello noted that Polite hasn’t done anything impressive:

Third-round pick Jachai Polite has shown nothing so far in training camp. Polite is working with the third-team defense and has not made any plays of note. It is early, so there is no reason to panic, but he is going to have to show the coaches more to have a role this year.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/jets-reporter-says-former-florida-edge-jachai-polite-has-shown-nothing-in-training-camp/

"It's hard for me to... remember exactly what was going on during the draft."

6th or 7th round pick, I can buy that. Third round pick though? You should remember that. 

This guy just instills confidence at every level.

Edited by elroy16