Jests cut their 3rd rounder Polite

Reed83HOF

15 hours ago, WorstTEever81 said:

Good call! And very clever too, considering it’s cut day. I really like the maturity and professionalism the mods show here. That is why I decided to finally create an account, so I could be a part of this community! 

Welcome aboard!

18 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Does it matter? I'm here to talk football, not get bashed on, you see me bashing people? 

Reminds me of a vegan showing up to a dinner party uninvited, complaining that there are no options for them to eat and expecting people to agree with them. It's a Bills message board, you have to presume a significant percentage of the posters here would not warm to you based on your team affiliation alone. 

I didn't watch any Jets games in the preseason. How awful was Polite that he couldn't even secure a roster spot? This seems like a petty Gase move taking a shot at McCagnan.

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Reminds me of a vegan showing up to a dinner party uninvited, complaining that there are no options for them to eat and expecting people to agree with them. It's a Bills message board, you have to presume a significant percentage of the posters here would not warm to you based on your team affiliation alone. 

I didn't watch any Jets games in the preseason. How awful was Polite that he couldn't even secure a roster spot? This seems like a petty Gase move taking a shot at McCagnan.

Im.not asking people to warm to me, I know that I will get crap from most people, but some.of the posts amuse me.

It's a gutsy move by Gase and Co. It's easy to ridicule the Jets for picking a guy with the 68th overall pick and then cutting him before a regular season game. But ... which of the following Bills 3rd rounders would we have been better off cutting before a single regular season game?

- 2008 Chris Ellis (who? Yes)

- 2009 no 3rd rounder

- 2010 Alex Carrington (who? Yes)

- 2011 Kelvin Sheppard (Maybe, except he got us Jerry Hughes so you can argue this was a good pick after all)

- 2012  TJ Graham (Yes!)

- 2013 Marquise Goodwin (based on what he contributed to the bills, Yes)

- 2014 Preston Brown (NO ... a keeper)

- 2015 John Miller (another keeper, although he basically had one good season)

- 2016 Adolphus Washington (Yes)

- 2017 no 3rd rounder

- 2018 Harrison Phillips ( probably a keeper, but really too soon to tell)

That's 6 out of our last 9 third rounders who basically contributed nothing to the Bills (*big asterisk for Sheppard-Hughes). I'm not insane enough to go back and see who we cut in those rookie years in order to keep these guys, but I'm guessing there were some better players shown the door while we kept, say, Adolphus. 

Bottom line: maybe there's something to be said for "we drafted him high because we thought he could play/could show the commitment, etc., and we were wrong, so he's out before we waste any more time and money (and the opportunity cost of not giving that roster spot to someone better) on this sunk cost."

13 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

When you chose to be a Jets fan.???

(Sorry couldn't resist)

Noooo! That was going to be my joke! Well done!

13 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Very nice!!!!! All in good fun!

I think the Gase hate might be overblown, Ross was a really bad owner who refused to rebuild...I say was because it looks like he gave the green light on the rebuild finally.

I personally think the Jets roster is really top heavy...we'll have to see how it plays out, but I think the Bills will go on a mid season run as depth comes into play, and the Jets might fade.

This move should be encouraging to a Jets fan for the following reason in my opinion. If I'm right and the Jets are top heavy, and the season goes sideways if the top players get injured, or are ineffective, this move leads me to believe the new GM would not try and keep it together by mortgaging the future (sort of like what the Texans are doing).

That said, I'm not sure what's possible based on their salary cap situation...ex gm might have set you guys back a few years if these moves don't work out...btw, I'm rooting for the Bills to beat the Jets because the Bills are good, not because the Jets messed up their cap potentially and have a prolonged, but delayed rebuild as a result.

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Best place for him to land. If anyone can straighten his head out its PC. If Pete can't do it then, unfortunately, he's totally useless as a football player.

15 hours ago, mrags said:

That still doesn’t mean anything in regards to this argument. 

And Leonard Williams plays DE for the Jets and he’s an absolute stud. 

You do realize that LW has pretty much relegated to a Star L role in the Jets defence. And although Greggo is a 4/3 guy it looks as though their base D will remain 3/4. I think many Jets fans would agree with the statement that they have nothing on the edge.

• Like (+1) 1

From ProFootball Talk:
The quick exit of third-rounder Jachai Polite from the Jets included more than $100,000 in fines imposed by the team for tardiness and other infractions

$100,000 in fines???? Guess he wasn't very Polite...
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JoeF said:
From ProFootball Talk:
The quick exit of third-rounder Jachai Polite from the Jets included more than $100,000 in fines imposed by the team for tardiness and other infractions

$100,000 in fines???? Guess he wasn't very Polite...

So he did what he did at the combine.  What a bunch of idiots for taking him in the first place.  

On 8/31/2019 at 3:42 PM, Bleedingreennc said:

Does it matter? I'm here to talk football, not get bashed on, you see me bashing people? 

You're a Jets fan what can you possibly bash?

4 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

It wasnt a terrible pick, the guy has 1st round talent. 

Its entirely understandable why took the risk late on day 2

Obviously he didn't...

A few years ago, a player - I forget who - said that there are probably 100,000 people out there with the skill and natural physical ability to play in the NFL, but most don't have the drive, will or motivation to do what it takes to succeed. Polite might be a good example of that. 

• Like (+1) 1