Devin Singletary, welcome to RB1 of the Buffalo Bills

YoloinOhio

I doubt Singletary is our #1...or any back for that matter. The Bills’ offense is morphing more in to the Pats offense with a RB by committee apprach, each with their own set of skills/plays. 

I also don’t think the Shady move was about money. Yes they save $$$ but the Bills already had a lot of CAP space and aren’t likely looking at a trade for a big-money starter from someone else. This is about the Bills liking the mix of Gore-Singletary-Yeldon—Murphy. Muphy’s play in practice and pre-season showed he was more versatile than Shady (PR duty/ST/RB) while he didn’t result in a significant drop off in what Shady can do. 

If you don’t dump Shady, you don’t get to keep Murphy. Also, Shady is a d*&che and not a team guy the Bills look for in the new culture. Sure, they needed his skills the past couple of years but now he’s not worth the prima-donna headache. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

@Kirby Jackson should be pleased!  ?

If Peterman makes the Raider roster @Kirby Jackson will be in a state of rage. I'm not sure if the former reviled Bill will make the final cut but if he does Kirby will be on the war path. I'm rooting for Nate. That's one of the reasons why Kirby scorns me. That will certainly offset the Singletary news. :)

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If Peterman makes the Raider roster @Kirby Jackson will be in a state of rage. I'm not sure if the former reviled Bill will make the final cut but if he does Kirby will be on the war path. I'm rooting for Nate. That's one of the reasons why Kirby scorns me. That will certainly offset the Singletary news. :)

Don’t care what happens to Peterman. I hope he steals another half million. He means nothing to me.

Shady makes me sad. I didn’t want this. I like Singletary and think he’ll be good but I’m down. Shady helped push this team forward.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...but if Singeltary comes close to Sproules or even the versatility of the Metcalfs (Terry & Eric( or even Meggett (prior to jail), when has this offnese had such a dynamic in recent memory?.........

He doesn't play ST like Sproles or Terry Metcalf did. He's pretty much strictly a RB isn't he. So I don't see the versatility. Also they were gamebreakers and I don't see him as that either. Mind you I think it is reasonable to project him as a good, possibly very good back. I think three other posters had it right. He may well routinely pick up 5-8 yards where a lesser back might get 2 or 3. I agree that NYG Morris is maybe a decent comparable, though I think he may be better. And I agree that probably one of the reasons they let McCoy go was to provide simplified focus for Singletary to learn from Gore.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Don’t care what happens t Peterman. I hope he steals another half million. He means nothing to me.

Shady makes me sad. I didn’t want this. I like Singletary and think he’ll be good but I’m down. Shady helped push this team forward.

I have the same sentiment as you regarding McCoy. I thought the team would keep him this year and move on from his next year. I'm hoping that he hooks up with a serious playoff team that will allow him to finish his career on a high note. He was a good teammate and a Bill. I wish him well. 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I have the same sentiment as you regarding McCoy. I thought the team would keep him this year and move on from his next year. I'm hoping that he hooks up with a serious playoff team that will allow him to finish his career on a high note. He was a good teammate and a Bill. I wish him well. 

Well said...it’s just kind of sad. The Bills were a bad team and Shady came here and made them somewhat credible. He played well and broke the playoff curse. He’s a guy that I will look back upon fondly. Hope that he latched on with a contender and has a great year (unless he goes to NE ?).

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Don’t care what happens t Peterman. I hope he steals another half million. He means nothing to me.

I hate to see Shady go as well, but I think this move is solid from a football persecutive for this team and it is hard to fault.  I think Gore will be better in the by committee approach and role they have planned for him, and he is a great locker room guy by all accounts.  It never made sense to me that they would keep both with a rookie in the wings who needs to get carries.  It is always sad to see veteran who has meant so much to the team get cut.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

I doubt Singletary is our #1...or any back for that matter. The Bills’ offense is morphing more in to the Pats offense with a RB by committee apprach, each with their own set of skills/plays. 

I also don’t think the Shady move was about money. Yes they save $$$ but the Bills already had a lot of CAP space and aren’t likely looking at a trade for a big-money starter from someone else. This is about the Bills liking the mix of Gore-Singletary-Yeldon—Murphy. Muphy’s play in practice and pre-season showed he was more versatile than Shady (PR duty/ST/RB) while he didn’t result in a significant drop off in what Shady can do. 

If you don’t dump Shady, you don’t get to keep Murphy. Also, Shady is a d*&che and not a team guy the Bills look for in the new culture. Sure, they needed his skills the past couple of years but now he’s not worth the prima-donna headache. 

Murphy was cut before McCoy, I believe.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Well said...it’s just kind of sad. The Bills were a bad team and Shady came here and made them somewhat credible. He played well and broke the playoff curse. He’s a guy that I will look back upon fondly. Hope that he latched on with a contender and has a great year (unless he goes to NE ?).

What demonstrated to me that he was a leader and a mentor is when he got on Robert Foster for not working hard and acting as if he was entitled. Foster got cut and was brought back. Foster pointed out that it was McCoy who took him aside and kicked his stubborn asss. He took the pointed advice to heart, changed his attitude and then regained a position with the team.  

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

I hate to see Shady go as well, but I think this move is solid from a football persecutive for this team and it is hard to fault.  I think Gore will be better in the by committee approach and role they have planned for him, and he is a great locker room guy by all accounts.  It never made sense to me that they would keep both with a rookie in the wings who needs to get carries.  It is always sad to see veteran who has meant so much to the team get cut.

You make a good point by pointing out that the Gore addition as much as the Singletary addition doomed his fate with the team. There was an overlapping role that made him expendable. 

Edited by JohnC
spelling
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wonder if he takes #25?

I kind of like 40. I like when a guy has a number that most players at their position, don’t have. Then if he’s good, it’s almost like throughout the league that number is associated with your guy. I like 49 for Edmunds too because of that. The 20’s blend in with the RBs. Be a good guy wearing 40.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

i bet Gore (love that name) is RB 1.

Does Wade make the roster due to his dynamic ability?

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Thought he lacked speed and burst in the preseason games.

Hopefully the bold move works out for McBeane.

Thanks for never ending enthusiasm !!

4 hours ago, CommonCents said:

How’s Gore going to look after a few games though, I think he only has value in a limited role. 

Gore is the terminator.

Blew out both his knees in college and still has a 15 year career. He lives football and does everything possible to keep playing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1