Devin Singletary, welcome to RB1 of the Buffalo Bills

YoloinOhio

23 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Just wanted to point out that any unused cap space can be rolled over til next year, so even if we don’t use it this year we can use it next 

You are correct, it may help them land one of the top tier DE next year, I thought of it shortly after the post

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

High for DS? Or the RB altogether?

Well, I'm not a big Devin believer and I've made that clear. He hasn't had a chance to do anything, so the jury is out and my opinion is nothing but an opinion. But it IS "relatively" high for a running back these days. It's really a devalued position and teams generally only draft players they believe to be true difference makers in the first few rounds. So the expectations should be a tad higher for DS than say, an LT, WR, DE, or corner who by virtue of position, have more potential to be high impact players. We'll just have to wait to see what the kid has and hope for the best. Nothing to accurately judge him by at the moment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Well, I'm not a big Devin believer and I've made that clear. He hasn't had a chance to do anything, so the jury is out and my opinion is nothing but an opinion. But it IS "relatively" high for a running back these days. It's really a devalued position and teams generally only draft players they believe to be true difference makers in the first few rounds. So the expectations should be a tad higher for DS than say, an LT, WR, DE, or corner who by virtue of position, have more potential to be high impact players. We'll just have to wait to see what the kid has and hope for the best. Nothing to accurately judge him by at the moment.

Myself, I can't fathom drafting a RB in the first couple of rounds, regardless of how highly touted they are. And for the reasons you explained. I know (knew) nothing of DS leading up to this draft. The video I've seen is impressive, but does it translate to the next level?

Man, I hope so.

24 minutes ago, NC Book said:

They should play Sister Christian every time he scores. MOTORIN! Imagine 70k fans singing that together lol.

Nothin' wrong with a little Night Ranger reference. :beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Iverwig said:

He’s a good one. He was nervous to start the game but once he got going he became more comfortable. Hopefully he gets a lot more carries next week. 

I think he earned it.

Allen needs a guy he can lean on a little when the going gets tough,

Singletary is that guy...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2