Devin Singletary, welcome to RB1 of the Buffalo Bills

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Thought he lacked speed and burst in the preseason games.

Hopefully the bold move works out for McBeane.

He is not as fast as Shady.....but he gets to his top speed very quickly which means he has excellent burst.

What I see are a lot more productive shorter runs.....wont break games open with one run but when you look back at the box score he will be a monster

9 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Is Singletary really a #1 back?

Undersized, lacks power, and slow as *****. IDK.

I'm not sure. There are different types of #1 RB's. He's much more of a Barry Sanders shifty type than a Jim Brown power type. Actually, he is nearly identical to Barry Sanders in every way except one: speed. Barry Sanders ran a sub-4.4 40-yd dash in his prime. Devin Singletary clocked in at 4.66, which is atrocious.

I am still nervous about Singletary's capacity to be a true 3 down NFL back. 

I guess we are about to find out.

10 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Is Singletary really a #1 back?

Undersized, lacks power, and slow as *****. IDK.

I don't know either and I watched a lot of tape on him pre-draft. I saw him as a change of pace guy and certainly initially as a 3rd down back. He pass protects pretty well for a guy coming out, I was never worried about his ability as a receiver despite FAU not using him that way and he has some elusiveness. I mainly worry about him on early downs when teams are keying in on the run. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I am still nervous about Singletary's capacity to be a true 3 down NFL back. 

I guess we are about to find out.

I don't know either and I watched a lot of tape on him pre-draft. I saw him as a change of pace guy and certainly initially as a 3rd down back. He pass protects pretty well for a guy coming out, I was never worried about his ability as a receiver despite FAU not using him that way and he has some elusiveness. I mainly worry about him on early downs when teams are keying in on the run. 

I see the committee as Gore/Single rotating series, with Yeldon spelling them throughout the drives. 

Zeke Elliots first year, JG sat Zeke every third series for a number of reasons. I like this approach 

16 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i bet Gore (love that name) is RB 1.

Does Wade make the roster due to his dynamic ability?

Thanks for never ending enthusiasm !!

RB1 = the player who leads the team in carries. Not who lines up the first play of the game. Do you think a 36 year old or a rookie will lead the team in carries?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

RB1 = the player who leads the team in carries. Not who lines up the first play of the game. Do you think a 36 year old or a rookie will lead the team in carries?

Wouldn't that be something?

What round do you draft Singletery in? 

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I’m still surprised by Shady, but I wonder if part of it is wanting more north-south runners to avoid putting Allen in 2nd or 3rd and long situations.  Shady can break stuff off but also when he dances can lose yards.

Probably part of it, but Shady is gone because he is no better than the rookie at this point in his career. Why keep him. The rookie is only going to get better and McCoy is only going to get worse.  Singletary is a starting NFL RB right now. He is that talented and everyone saw it. 

• Like (+1) 1